camera or person behind camera?

Do you think the camera or the person behind the camera is producing good photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

for a sharp photo under low light, neither camera nor the photographer.

its a basic, rocksteady Tripod that matters.

zz stupid question

like car or driver

ans:
stig.png

All hail THE STIG!!

Lol interesting reply. Tripod is king ehh lol.

Back to topic, between the 2 choice, it will be the man behind the camera. However if got choice I will say its both with slightly higher weightage on the man. If you give a person with average skill a very good cam and lens, he can probably produce decent pictures if he has the basics. If you give a pro(I mean pro in photography not pro cause he does it as a job) a basic cam and lens, he will take good picture but is restricted. Face it, a basic kit lens wont produce the effect of a prime but a person that doesnt know how to use prime is no better off with it then with a kit.

Most of the time, pple as izzit the camera or person behind camera?

To me its nither both.

Well, for my perspective. Usually pictures looks good because of the excellent subjects of certain themes, Excellent Photographic specimens make the best photo of the day.

For Eg,You can compare a ugly girl with a sexy gal on model shoot, Elderly shoot usually pple would look for subject that has extreme details on the face, Landscape is always depending on the environment.

Ofcouse you must know the basic to take simple pic else it will put to waste.

I always tend to believe people who using superb exp cam are too re

Conclusion :

1st : Subject
2nd : Photographer
3rd : Camera

*Very important thou, Expensive Camera, take Less skills to take good pic or pp,

Photographers using Average-low end manual camera producing good pictures are usually More Skillful due to the limitation hence making one improving his skills & pp too...

Likewise, all these depends of the experience of individual too.

It's the FINGER!!!! :)

person behind the camera.

I'm sure many of you fellow photographers have seen shitty pictures come out from some very good and expensive cameras while at the same time, some really good pictures from shitty cameras. Just my 2 cents worth.

In my opinion, both are as important.

Even if you have the skill, there are limitations in your equipment(eg DSLR vs PnS). It is a combination of both factors;a single factor on its own will not allow you to produce a good picture.

Both.

You can't have any of them missing. But, a lousy camera would sometimes limit your creativity. Example, you want to shot in a really dark place but you do not have high ISO.

Of course, with the skill....

man behind it... but i believe there is someone who need a 1Ds MkIII or D3 to get WOW picture...

Most of the time, pple as izzit the camera or person behind camera?

To me its nither both.

Well, for my perspective. Usually pictures looks good because of the excellent subjects of certain themes, Excellent Photographic specimens make the best photo of the day.

For Eg,You can compare a ugly girl with a sexy gal on model shoot, Elderly shoot usually pple would look for subject that has extreme details on the face, Landscape is always depending on the environment.

Ofcouse you must know the basic to take simple pic else it will put to waste.

I always tend to believe people who using superb exp cam are too re

Conclusion :

1st : Subject
2nd : Photographer
3rd : Camera

*Very important thou, Expensive Camera, take Less skills to take good pic or pp,

Photographers using Average-low end manual camera producing good pictures are usually More Skillful due to the limitation hence making one improving his skills & pp too...

I echo your opinion .. I too thinks that subjects makes excellent pictures, then comes photographer and camera. :thumbsup:

Are we all not tired of these questions and the std no-value added answers!!
What can you get from the poll results??

hey guys.
i've had one burning question since dunno when.
was wondering...
do you guys think A GOOD PICTURE is relying on the camera or the person behind the camera?
let's be frank, some people will agree that the camera is the one.
just wanna hear some honest answers from you guys. ;)

It's the singer NOT the song.:)

zz stupid question

like car or driver

ans:
Stig.PNG

I wanna see Hamilton win in a Force India Car. =p
Its really both the car and driver. :D

The answer is can be 'neither'. Its the person reviewing the photos that counts.
(1) A great cam in the hands of a noob produces photos that some say good some say so.
(2) A bad cam in the hands of a pro produces photos that some say good some say so.

The answer is 'the man'.
(1) If he has a bad cam in his hands he can choose not to use it.
(2) If he has a bad cam in his hands he can use all his experience to make the best results he can get out of the cam's limits. He can choose to show photos that are presentable only.

The answer is the 'cam / lens'.
(1) You can never get the tiger's eye with a wide angle lens at the zoo.
(2) You can never capture easily the sparse wide angle scenic view of the setting sun with a 500mm.

Last edited:
...Expensive Camera, take Less skills to take good pic or pp,

Honestly, I think that if you give a rookie a 1DsIII or a D3, he will be clueless and in the end still produce dismal results.

hey guys.
i've had one burning question since dunno when.
was wondering...
do you guys think A GOOD PICTURE is relying on the camera or the person behind the camera?
let's be frank, some people will agree that the camera is the one.
just wanna hear some honest answers from you guys. ;)

Do you think the camera or the person behind the camera is producing good photos?

Camera!

The person behind the camera!

Adobe Photoshop :nono:

If it is the person behind the camera, why are people buying the latest camera and upgrading? A super pro photographer should not be using a D3 or a 1DsMIII, a EOS 5 QD or EOS D30 can do the job already right? Why are the press buying the lastest flagship model for their photographer? Why are they wasting their money? Just give them a $12 instant film camera can already isn't in? Cos after all is "The person behind the camera" regardless of what camera that counts!

it is the person ON the camera

everyone knows that the button on the camera is meant to be pressed with one's feet