Camera On/Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkapoo

Jul 14, 2007
Do you keep your camera e.g. SLR on all the time when you are taking an event? Or do you off it and on it again as and when you need it?

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Do you keep your camera e.g. SLR on all the time when you are taking an event? Or do you off it and on it again as and when you need it?
During event or walks, I'll keep it on...

I'll switch it off only during journeys or when I know I won't be taking any pics... ;)

Bored Dad

Jul 24, 2007
Singapore
Likewise, during photo-taking session or events, I'll leave it on and it'll go to sleep mode after 2 mins. Just need to half press the shutter, the power will kick in again.

sinkapoo

Jul 14, 2007
constant on/off will that drain battery?

Aug 10, 2006
Upper Bukit Timah
on. just be careful when VR/IS or wadeva other image stabilization on yr lens is on as well - this will drain e battery pretty fast.

can the pros here verify this? :)

cantaresg

Feb 23, 2007
Woodlands
If you do it too often perhaps? It requires some power for startup. Not sure though. But better to just keep it on I guess, and let it go to sleep.

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
Most of e time i leave it on cause i nvr know when i would need to shoot. Unless i comfirm no more shoot then i'll off it. ;)

dw2chan

Jul 2, 2007
on. just be careful when VR/IS or wadeva other image stabilization on yr lens is on as well - this will drain e battery pretty fast.

not sure about VR but i'm assuming it's the same as IS... it's only active when you press the shutter halfway (you'll hear something from the lens when it's on) and yes it'll drain the battery when IS is on...

so leaving your cam in the on mode will not affect this in anyway unless you're half pressing the shutter all the time.

another battery drain from turning the cam on and off is if you have sensor cleaners.

i leave my cam on when i'm going shooting. it'll sleep when i'm not using it...

westwest2

Jun 6, 2007

only will on with you press the shutter...i did not off my camera for 24 days...

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
I leave my Off when moving around and On when there is a chance of something to shoot. Mine a new camera..... start very fast. ;)

deckard

Oct 13, 2006
leave it off better...

suddenly you want to change lens.

your camera if on, will be a sucker for dust. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom