Camera Neck Strap

crystal1993

Aug 16, 2010
Japan, Tokyo
Do you use your camera strap? I've seen some people just holding the camera with the strap dangling of it, isn't that dangerous and inviting accidents to happen?

And also i've seen some people wound their camera neck straps around their arms/wrist. Is it better or...?

So all in all, my question is how do you use your camera strap? ;p

Neck strap should hang on the neck and hand strap should hang by the hand

How do I use it? Neck strap for neck, hand strap for hand, wrist strap for wrist and sling strap for slinging:bsmilie:

nah dont like it, each time wanna shoot portrait it blocks the view finder

changed to hand strap but removed, strapless oTL

I use a black rapid shoulder strap. Very convenient, especially with heavy lenses.

Why do you bother. Everyone is entitle to use the strap any way he/she chooses. It is a wonderful world where individualism is exhibited. Why being such conformist like those wine snobs that white wine only goes with white meat. If you enjoy drinking red wine with fish, it is your right and no one can stop you. Why bother with what other people think if you are not harming them. I don't.

Don't worry be happy.

i use a handstrap AND a sunsniper sling together

As an event photographer, I normally shoot with 2 bodies. So the shoulder strap is slung from my... shoulder.

Why do you bother. Everyone is entitle to use the strap any way he/she chooses. It is a wonderful world where individualism is exhibited. Why being such conformist like those wine snobs that white wine only goes with white meat. If you enjoy drinking red wine with fish, it is your right and no one can stop you. Why bother with what other people think if you are not harming them. I don't.

Don't worry be happy.

I'm not worrying, i'm just asking how you guys use your straps? Is there a wrong in being curious?

Good alternative in certain situations, especially if you shoot multiple bodies:

cottoncarrier.jpg

You can use your neckstrap by hanging on your neck or wrapping around your wrist... the way you like it.. no one cares. However, pairing food with the right wine is totally different. It will either make the food or wine taste better or destroy the whole dining experience.

Don't worry be happy.

Hi Virtualme, that's precisely my point. Taste is very subjective, if a person chose red with fish and is happy, then so be it. Some people love blue cheese, some hate, some likes durians and some don't. So let's not get too fixated with "established" standards. My personal motto is, Life's short, go out to enjoy and dare to be different. Happy New Year.

I don't use a strap; gets in the way more often than what most people claim.

Currently going commando, and putting the camera in a bag when not in use.

Do anything you like ... Cheer

No specific way. Sometimes around my neck, sometimes around my hand, sometimes on my shoulder.

Do you use your camera strap? I've seen some people just holding the camera with the strap dangling of it, isn't that dangerous and inviting accidents to happen?

And also i've seen some people wound their camera neck straps around their arms/wrist. Is it better or...?

I'm not worrying, i'm just asking how you guys use your straps? Is there a wrong in being curious?

You asked the quetion, "... is it better or ...?"

It really does not matter what kind of straps and how you carry the camera, no? At the end of the day, the camera is for taking pictures. If you use your camera to take the pictures you want, the pictures you want to create, isn't that is what is important?

Unless, your camera is merely a fashion accessory, then, totally different discussion.

You asked the quetion, "... is it better or ...?"

It really does not matter what kind of straps and how you carry the camera, no? At the end of the day, the camera is for taking pictures. If you use your camera to take the pictures you want, the pictures you want to create, isn't that is what is important?

Unless, your camera is merely a fashion accessory, then, totally different discussion.

Read my first post last line please thank you. =)

If I'm walking around and not shooting anything in particular, it will probably be slung diagonally across the chest. If I need quicker access, it will be hanging around the neck and resting on my tummy :)
but if I'm on the lookout for shots, it will likely be wrapped around my right forearm.