Camera mode to use in wedding photography

indomie

Jan 1, 2009
Hi all,

I just want to know ,what camera mode you use for wedding shoot? and why?

I just realise shoot in "S" Mode in Wedding is better than shooting in "A" mode. Because in "S" mode, we contriol the speed so that there is no blur effect is the people is moving quite fast.

What do you guys think? :D

Thank you.

Hi all,

I just realise shoot in "S" Mode in Wedding is better than shooting in "A" mode. Because in "S" mode, we contriol the speed so that there is no blur effect is the people is moving quite fast.

Thank you.

Wedding mode is the best... ;)

Jokes aside. A mode for me.

Manual mode with 580ex2

Preset the following as base setting
ISO100
1/100s
F2.8

Adjust the setting if require, example if more people in the photo, then adjust the aperture to F4 or F5.6 etc.

what is A mode? is it AV mode or Auto Mode?

what is S mode?

Manual mode with 580ex2

Preset the following as base setting
ISO100
1/100s
F2.8

Adjust the setting if require, example if more people in the photo, then adjust the aperture to F4 or F5.6 etc.

what is 580ex2 ?? :D

580 is probably canon's flash...

i shoot in M mode for my friend's weddin, i use sb900

I think it depends on the situation, whether you use flash or not and what you want to achieve under the given conditions. But that boils down to knowing your equipment properly. Use whatever mode gives you the intended results. The pictures will not scream "taken in Aperture Priority Mode", they will only show your skills.
I have used Manual and Aperture Mode so far, together with flash. Shutter Priority doesn't seem useful to me, aperture gets out of control which can cause people being out of focus where they should be in focus.

for most indoor shoot i usually use S or M, for outdoor i usually would use A or S, well i think it's much more on the preferences of shooters, whatever is comfortable for you that's should get the job done ;)

Dunno leh. I always shoot in Professional mode.
I dun like to use Auto or Slow mode and Matured mode is not for me. :bsmilie:

W mode, for wedding mode!:bsmilie:

M...

The one with the icon of a woman in a bridal gown, and a man in grasshopper suit. Sure chun one!

A, S, M, P ... depending on whether you have time to do 2nd take or not. If not, just use A, S, P ... remember flash is needed, not built-in one, but an external one.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Thank you.

Tat's because you do not notice the shutter speed will change in different light situations. In those lower light situations, you either boost the ISO or add on a flash to freeze the action.

I shoot only in A mode.

Manual mode for me with my flash. :)

Manual mode, because as you have realized you do not want your camera to go to a shutter speed that will induce motion blur.