Camera mode survey

WHich mode do you use most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2007
Create this poll out of boredom:bsmilie: Was wondering for quite a while which mode do most photographers use. I usually shoot in Av and I am a street/candid/landscape shooter. What's yours?

LeoDaddy

Jun 18, 2007
Singapore
Create this poll out of boredom:bsmilie: Was wondering for quite a while which mode do most photographers use. I usually shoot in Av and I am a street/candid/landscape shooter. What's yours?
U must be a Canon bro.. ;)

cantaresg

Feb 23, 2007
Woodlands
Hmm... tough one... I switch between manual, AV and Tv... Depending on situation... But I'd choose Av...

hongjone

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
Usually program mode... :bsmilie:
Av or Manual when taking landscape. :think:

jmmtn4aj

Jan 1, 2007
Singapore
flickr.com
Av. The camera doesn't know the minimum shutter speed I need to get sharp pictures, so I never use P. I almost always shoot wide open.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
I've been using P mode most of the time. Only sometimes, Aperture priority. Why is P mode no good? :)

drakon09

Aug 12, 2005
I've been using P mode most of the time. Only sometimes, Aperture priority. Why is P mode no good? :)
Because P mode transforms your DSLR into an expensive point and shoot.

kcuf2

Dec 29, 2005
KFC
Because P mode transforms your DSLR into an expensive point and shoot.
eh.... even if it becomes a point and shoot, also nothing wrong with it rite? ;p

think abt it: u still get the pics u wanted and almost always at a much much much much much higher n better quality than a pns.

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
eh.... even if it becomes a point and shoot, also nothing wrong with it rite? ;p

think abt it: u still get the pics u wanted and almost always at a much much much much much higher n better quality than a pns.
but then everything will be in focused in the pic like PNS, use other modes got bokeh ...not sure if i've expressed what i think correctly ;p

ahbian

May 23, 2006
More of Av, DOF is usually more impt in my photos than motion freeze.

dnaxe

Oct 5, 2006
I use AV - but if I had a K10D I would be using Hyper-program (one dial switches shutter, the other dial switches av..)

May 20, 2007
p mode for pro:thumbsup:
your statement is very misleading to newbies :bsmilie: let me help you clarify. For those who dunno what P mode is, P mode means Program Mode, in this mode the cam determines the shutter speed and aperture value for you (like Auto) however you are free to do minor modification to the given setting usually by turning the main dial to adjust a couple of stops +/- for either the shutter speed or aperture. Of course, pro photogs are not deprived from using this mode too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom