Camera Insurance for business

pleess

Sep 30, 2006
Depot Road
www.paprisphotography.com
Hi! This may have been asked before, but I just want to find out from those who are into the business if their gears are insured. If yes, how do we go about getting it done. Thanks!

paul

It depend what insurance agent did you buy from? Ask the agent about your camera gear if you're travelling oversea.

In theory it should be. In practice it is not commonly done. The cost of getting commercial/business insurance for camera equipment alone is hefty. As a rider to an another policy this maybe cheaper, issue here is you need to talk to your agent who will then give you a quote.

They'll base on how many camera gear you've lost or damage in that country.

Hi guys, thanks for the advices. I'm asking in relation to using the equipment in business... for example, the items in your home will be protected under home insurance in case of theft or fire. Office equipment will be insured as well under another form of insurance. Do you know if there are insurance policies for camera equipment? Not really in terms of travel. Hope this is clear. Thanks!

paul

Dude as I said earlier - Ask your insurance agent if you do not have one look up a general insurance brooker. None of us can really advise you in the detail you want ie how much and what is being insured.

There are professional associations in SG like PPAS which helps pro photogs in legal and insurance matters. If you consider yourself a real professional, do look them up.