Camera in the dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousedeer213

Nov 27, 2006
Hi, all

Recently I just got myself a dry cabinet, i would like to know whether should I dismount the lens from the body or just place entire DSLR in the cabinet ??? Thks

well it shouldn't really matter. Unless the mounting is perfectly airtight (unlikely), the dry cabinet should work either way.

i leave my lens on when i put in the dry cabinet.. since we'll have to put in very often, if u r a frequent user, unmounting and mounting ur lens will increase the chance of dust and dirt getting into the cam body onto the sensors...

I am too lazy to dismount and mount again, as I take them out regularly. As long as it is in the dry cabinet, it is fine. :)

Leave it on...

I leave the lens on in the dry cabinet, more for convinence.
But I am curious, are there any reasons why one would take it off?

if you have space, why not?

Yea! My sentiments exactly :thumbsup:
No need to mount and un-mount lens.
Very convenient to leave it mounted too. when u want to use, just grab and go!

As you like. But if you mount and dismount lens too often, maybe can caused another problem like mounting loose???

Regards,
Arto.

Also leaving you equipment in the dry cabinet for too long is no good either. The lubricant in your motor in lens/body may be sucked dry!

Also leaving you equipment in the dry cabinet for too long is no good either. The lubricant in your motor in lens/body may be sucked dry!

No such problem if the RH is set properly in the cabinet lah...

Note that most other countries have humidity <60%, we are the lucky ones that need dry cabinet to keep our cameras.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.