Camera in S'pore Indoor Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

diCam

Sep 22, 2003
East of SG
www.flickr.com
Hi all, I'll be going to the Emil Chau & Jonathan Lee Concert 2005 @ SIS this Saturday. Noticed in the ticket that mentioned photography is not allow. Is it true? I remembered seeing audience snapping away in the past concerts I had attended in SIS... ;)

The question is, if I sneak in a digicam will I be asked to leave the hall if I were to get caught? :think:

What are the settings to use for concert? :what:

Please advice. Thanks. :)

diCam said:
Hi all, I'll be going to the Emil Chau & Jonathan Lee Concert 2005 @ SIS this Saturday. Noticed in the ticket that mentioned photography is not allow. Is it true? I remembered seeing audience snapping away in the past concerts I had attended in SIS... ;)

The question is, if I sneak in a digicam will I be asked to leave the hall if I were to get caught? :think:

What are the settings to use for concert? :what:

Please advice. Thanks. :)

Maybe they referring to video camera.....

Hmm, from my limited experience, I managed to sneak in my camera few times before.
I think u just bring ur camera there, they're more interested in video cams I guess than cameras. If they dont allow, just put it in the locker, but usually they ask me I'll just say nope, no equipment, see (show them the outer contents of my cam). hahaha
never seen anyone being kicked, most was, they ask u to put it away. Then when not looking, u take it out! After sometime, with too many ppl doing that, they'll just ignore u.
well thats what i experienced.

Jolin concert last year very very strict....even if u manage to smuggle in, they will still ask u to deposit the cam if they catch u shooting during the concert...very irritating, cos i keep seeing people walking up n down, blocking my view.....

Hi guys,

Think i had posted something on this topic before some time ago so i'll just make it simple this time.

The concert you mentioned is organise by Unusual Production, they'll allowed you to take some pic during the concert provided that the musical company have no strong objection and also you take them from your seat.

You may see some ppl moving forward to the barrier to get a close shot but will soon be 'invited' back to their seat by the working staff as they're blocking the views of those at the back.

Just my 0.02 cents of info. Hope it's useful. :)

Hi guys, thanks for the all the useful information provided. I've actually made a search on this topic in the forum before posting this question. There are some conflicting feedbacks from the pass posting... some say can some say no others say can try try... That's why I ask. :)

I fail to understand why photo taking is not allowed as long as the photographer do not disrupt others from viewing the concert... :think: There is no such restriction in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Sigh... :(

Anyway, I intend to take the photos from the seat and without flash. :bsmilie:

Thanks again guys!

basic argument to ban cameras/vid is to prevent sales of such material. as bootlegged concert music/vids can be worth $. though I think its pretty crap. It'll be difficult to shoot proper pictures if u'r seated far away. and u need big apertures and low noise. which means 200-300mm, F4 max, iso 800,no flash. shutter depends on your luck, if they're dancing or little motion.

personally, i won't even bother, as if bring DLSR..surely kena searched out. I'd rather bring MD and just record and keep as personal collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.