Camera in cold weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphz

Apr 19, 2004
I'll be going europe in :bsmilie: 4 days! Am expecting rather cold weather...wonder if I would have problems operating my Canon Ixus?

PS/ sorry if this kopitiam not meant for questions like this, but this forum is my favourite!

Europe? Where? It ain't exactly cold in London this past few weeks. Your camera shouldn't have a problem, but your batteries might if its really cold (which I highly doubt as it's late spring and pushing onto summer now). Solution for batteries is to use lithium type batteries.

justarius said:
Europe? Where? It ain't exactly cold in London this past few weeks. Your camera shouldn't have a problem, but your batteries might if its really cold (which I highly doubt as it's late spring and pushing onto summer now). Solution for batteries is to use lithium type batteries.

how do I know mine is lithium?

I'm going France, Italy, Germany, and London. I am worried London will be rainy and cold...

daphz said:
how do I know mine is lithium?

I'm going France, Italy, Germany, and London. I am worried London will be rainy and cold...

if really got cold weather, try keeping ur camera near ur body, preferably under ur jacket/sweater. this will keep the batts warm, and not drain so fast.

Don't know what sort of batteries your camera uses, but if it's the rechargeable type, it wouldn't be lithium. You can buy lithium AA's or CR123's. Just bring along a couple for backup; I wouldn't worry to much about it otherwise.

Wah not bad, covering so many places. London these few days is a bit cloudy, maybe you will be lucky and get a few days of sunshine when you come here.

Italy is beautiful, especially Venice. Florence and Rome also ain't too bad. Try going out into the Tuscany countryside around Florence if you have time. It should be lovely now in spring.

Germany is an excellent and very efficient place. Berlin is a good candidate for B&W. If you are going to Munich, spare a day for a day trip to Castle Neuschwanstein.. it would be worth your while (and if you go, remember to explore the waterfall at the back).

France is alright I guess. I had mixed experiences there (once was nearly robbed, but the other time it was ok). Remember that the Louvre isn't open on Mondays.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.