Camera housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip

Jan 24, 2006
www.stephenlandau.com
Hey allllll

who knows about dry camera housing for DSLR? I may be doing a 16-18day colorado river tour and need to make sure the equipment is peachy through-out. Was looking at some of those zip-lock bag looking things but seems risky? Also the underwater casings seem too much for a river trip, since I wont be doing any crazy depths.

thanks in advance for any input!!!

Cheers

get a Pelican case, dry + protection, or, try dive shops at the Concourse, they sell cases and bags that are waterproof.

Wow,

The underwater housing for dSLR will be more expensive than dSLR (depends on dSLR model) IMHO :bigeyes: .

Regards,
Arto.

Hey allllll

who knows about dry camera housing for DSLR? I may be doing a 16-18day colorado river tour and need to make sure the equipment is peachy through-out. Was looking at some of those zip-lock bag looking things but seems risky? Also the underwater casings seem too much for a river trip, since I wont be doing any crazy depths.

thanks in advance for any input!!!

Cheers

Are you looking for transport casing (which is cheaper) or the shooting while on a canoe and may get wet type of casings??

A waterproof hardcase, Pelican or Stormcase, would be ideal to keep your your camera equipment nice and dry. And you would probably want to get some of those dry bags, like this one http://www.rei.com/product/48021919.htm, also for your cloths and other essentials.

Maybe if you want to get some photos while you hit some rapids, you could use one of those soft Ewa-marine cases.

Definitely won't recommend the ziploc bags, I don't think they were exactly designed for that kind of abuse.

I think there is a place along Beach Road that sells the dry bags and waterproof hardcases, not sure of the brand but you might wanna go check them out, they sell army paraphernalia, knives, flashlights,..etc.

Thanks guys,

to clear up my question:
I am looking for something I can shoot with though don't need to dive 10,000 feet unda warda with...

The trip has provided dry boxes for clothes and storage of equipment but will need something extra to keep my shiz dry while shooting. don't wanna spend a bomb on a fitted dry-case for the dslr cause it will probably be the only time I use it.

Thanks,
Flip

Status
Not open for further replies.