Camera Hospital

heckcare.der

Apr 30, 2007
singapore
derrickh.multiply.com
Anyone sent your lens to Camera Hospital at Sunshine plaza for cleaning before?

How much is it? Roughly.

What model of lenses do they clean?

Price various.

You could check them out at their website (their name) and give them a call.

:)

Anyone sent your lens to Camera Hospital at Sunshine plaza for cleaning before?

How much is it? Roughly.

What model of lenses do they clean?

You should go down and meet stephen in person. He is a nice chap and a good listener. His prices are competitive and the turnaround speed is great. Well, thats from my experience at least. It really depends what you want him to repair. If its an antique item, you may have to give him enough time to source for parts from overseas.

He performs his own repairs and so you will be getting first hand info from a technician instead.

Chat up with him, and if you feel comfortable placing your equipment with him, go right ahead.

I sent my lense for cleaning few months back. Was told the fungus was very bad and he had to change 1 element. After the job (together with quite many lenses) I took it all back, put in my filter protector and forgot about it.

Yesterday while looking at it carefully I realised it's badly smeared....as if the coating is gone or very dirty inside.....sigh. Need to go back and find him. But seems like his operating hours are erratic. Haven't been able to get answered on calls to his shop....

I had sent in an FM2n and lens for CLA and the turn around time was quick. Price is competitive and job was well done.

Price is competitive?

Roughly around how much?

sorry for digging up an old thread but I'd like to know their pricing roughly as well.
my zoom ring for my tokina lens came out as in not just the rubber but the whole thing.

thanks

I believe you have gotten the answer faster if you called them

do more research before you decide to send it to whoever ..... good luck.

Sorry if i were to bump old threads. I need my lens to get fixed quick. Anyone of CSers know the opening hours of Camera Hospital?

evilorgi said:
you can give steven a call at 6336 0025...

Bro, I believe he already got his lens fixed.

And please take a look at the date before posting, hahav