Camera gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually bring lowepro mini trekker aw. can take a light tripod. 1 dslr and 1 compact dc, with 2-3 lens (1 wide angle, 1 tele and 1 prome for low light)

My fav is a small Billingham bag like my old Hadley original to put in a Leica CL,15mm and a 40 Summicron.
Very good for digital too.If planning to bring an entire system, the best for shoulder is a Billingham 306 or a Thinktank streetwalker for backpack.

During travel I use a padded pouch taken from the Nikon "Domke-lookalike" sling bag and put my equipment into my deuter 60L backpack. Its sealed so putting base of silicon pouch will keep the equipment nice and dry.

At the venues of interest, I used a Lowepro Photorunner to store my DSLR w an 18-200 zoom lens, a 50mm prime, and a flash. When I get a ultra wide, it will switch with the 50mm, depending on the aim of the shoot and the equipment I think I will need.

I always put my camera gears the camera bag when travelling.

SAF Medic Bag...less then $20 if i remember correctly. Rip-Tear proof, almost waterproof and plenty of space for a small looking bag. Its good for one body + 2 lens + flash and accessories.

National Geographic Earth Explorer
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ic_NG_5162_NG_5162_Earth_Explorer_Medium.html

428388.jpg

Keep thinking of this one :D

I'd take a sling/shoulder bag over a backpack anytime for overseas travel. This is more for security reasons as I've seen pickpocket gangs try to open zippers on backpacks while in crowded train stations, malls etc. In Moscow and St Petersburg, they're so professional, they even have gang members in front of you to slow you down at escalators and entrances. And they're very light fingered - they can open zippers and buckles on backpacks without you even feeling anything! My advice is if you're using a photo backpack, carry it on your front when in crowded places. Use small carabiners to secure zippers and try to move the zip to an inaccessible place. Velcro is your best friend - it's impossible to open it without attracting attention! Even when using a sling bag, I always swing it to my front when situations look suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.