Camera Equipment Insurance - Gathering Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo_ng77

Apr 16, 2006
Hi Guys,

Introducing myself. I am Leo an General Insurance agent. Currently our agency is looking to explore in insuring new products. After some research, we found that Camera & Video equipment is one area which is not widely tapped on or previously failed.

I myself like cameras but not a professionals like you guys here.

Anyone here can share with me the following?
  • What is your concern when it comes to insuring your camera or video equipment?
  • Are repairs necessary to be done by Manufacturers ie Nikon?
  • What is your budget for insurance? Take for instance a $3000 camera covering for accidental damages and Theft
Hope to hear from u guys here

Cheers

Leo

Hi Guys,

Introducing myself. I am Leo an General Insurance agent. Currently our agency is looking to explore in insuring new products. After some research, we found that Camera & Video equipment is one area which is not widely tapped on or previously failed.

I myself like cameras but not a professionals like you guys here.

Anyone here can share with me the following?
  • What is your concern when it comes to insuring your camera or video equipment?
  • Are repairs necessary to be done by Manufacturers ie Nikon?
  • What is your budget for insurance? Take for instance a $3000 camera covering for accidental damages and Theft
Hope to hear from u guys here

Cheers

Leo

Leo. conducting market surveys on this forum is not allowed. But I am personally interested in helping the insurance industry create some products to insure camera equipment for professionals. If you are genuine in pushing for such a product, I am willing to meet with you personally over a coffee to share my thoughts. PM me. In the meantime I will have to close the thread in this forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.