Camera Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhiliang

Dec 20, 2006
Serangoon
Hi,

I am looking for a camera dry box. What are the ok brands out there? And how much would it cost? Do i have to look out for anything? Is it necessary for a prosumer camera? Thanks

Zhiliang

Don't really need to get a box made specially for cameras (expensive). I just use a Lock n' Lock container for my PnS camera.

Around $20-30 IIRC those black sturdy dry box. But it is need silica gel. Blue silica gel contain Cobalt Chloride which is known as carcinogen agent.

Buy Dry cab for peace in mind.

Regards,
Arto.

Around $20-30 IIRC those black sturdy dry box. But it is need silica gel. Blue silica gel contain Cobalt Chloride which is known as carcinogen agent.

Buy Dry cab for peace in mind.

Regards,
Arto.

U can buy from those who just bought the digi-cabi and have a free "All Weather Dry-box", think it is retailing at $29.90 :lovegrin: If you want mine... I can part with $19.90 - New :sweatsm:

U can buy from those who just bought the digi-cabi and have a free "All Weather Dry-box", think it is retailing at $29.90 :lovegrin: If you want mine... I can part with $19.90 - New :sweatsm:

Roughly how big is it? Yeah seriously i dont mind getting from you.... PM me? Thanks

Zhiliang

Whats the difference between those dry box and dry cabi with electricity?

Whats the difference between those dry box and dry cabi with electricity?

For dry box, you need silicon gel as the drying agent. For dry cabi.. you on electricity. It is good if you have camera gears that you seldom use. I have a old drybox to keep my minolta SLR for the last 3 years after I switched to DSLR. I check once a year and the silicon is still Blue. If you take out your gear frequently... you may need to change your silicon gel when it turns pink... change a few weeks depending on your frequency of opening the box... 1 big bottle of gel cost about $3.50... I usually used a bottle for more than a year.

If you interested in my dry box... I will take a pic and send you tonight. It comes with a hydrometer to show you % :lovegrin:

will a electrical dry cabi consume alot of electricity?

I am worried too when I started initially... imagine you on a night lamp for 24x7 for years :sweatsm:

Actually to be frank,

I think that a dry cab is much better than a dry box...

I used both before and find that a dry cab is much easier to use...

But then a dry cab will cost you around $150-$170...

Actually to be frank,

I think that a dry cab is much better than a dry box...

I used both before and find that a dry cab is much easier to use...

But then a dry cab will cost you around $150-$170...

no la!!! $150-$170 is for those big size dry cabinet... arnd $97 can get a 30 litres one, which can store about 3 bodies and 7-8 lens (medium sized)

$150-$170 he see the price, he will faint already..

no la!!! $150-$170 is for those big size dry cabinet... arnd $97 can get a 30 litres one, which can store about 3 bodies and 7-8 lens (medium sized)

$150-$170 he see the price, he will faint already..

:sweat: :blah:

Oh ya, I am using the 60L version... Actually I regretted not getting the 80L version... a dry cab is quite useful...

I put my spare mobiles, impt DVDs, PnS, DSLR, Lenses and after that, I find that the 60L is too little space already..... :sticktong

I would suggest maybe you can wait for Carrefour sale, I gotten my dry cab at $150 after rebate when they had a sale and most imptly.. there was free delivery so at least I don't have to lug the bulky thing home...

I am worried too when I started initially... imagine you on a night lamp for 24x7 for years :sweatsm:
Imagine too the cost to cleaning, waiting (waste) time to cleaning, and image degradation of the lens if you have fungus on your lens :sweat: . It will cost you more than dry cab running on 24x7.

Regards,
Arto.

Imagine too the cost to cleaning, waiting (waste) time to cleaning, and image degradation of the lens if you have fungus on your lens :sweat: . It will cost you more than dry cab running on 24x7.

Regards,
Arto.

Yeah!!! That's why... no mistake in getting Digi-Cab :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

Yeah!!! That's why... no mistake in getting Digi-Cab :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can say that the dry cab is one of my best buy... :d u can use it for a lot of things and not just for ur camera and lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.