Camera drenched in water


nanochan1

New Member
Feb 2, 2009
211
0
0
#1
My camera "drown" should i put bak in my dry cab to suck e moist out? Or what s0hld i do?
 

scorpioh

New Member
Jul 17, 2007
1,973
0
0
Woodlands
#2
I am assuming it was totally submerged. Wipe it and leave it to dry outside first. Can put in aircon room. Dry cab is a humidity controller and not an instant moisture sucker. Do not try to on it until a couple of weeks later as you'll be instantly shorting the circuit if switched on wet. But I think chances are the circuit board are prone to corrosion. You may get it checked by a technician.
 

Goondoo

New Member
Nov 17, 2003
1,176
0
0
45
Away From Keyboard
#4
First thing you should always do is take out the batteries (regardless of equipments)
 

Diavonex

Senior Member
Sep 23, 2008
3,641
0
0
Admiralty
#6
I would put it in a big plastic bag with 2 or 3 Thirsty Hippo inside. Seal the opening of the plastic bag.
 

ricsal

New Member
Jun 23, 2007
1,549
0
0
#10
I dun think putting a camera in an Oven or Microwave is safe. Even if u took out the battery, there is an area in the camera body that has a very high voltage (I have seen it in 2 vids in youtube) even when u took out ur battery.

Like in this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZ_RleZ9Bw

If explode how? somemore cannot see his actual video of him microwaving it. Very suspicious. Some Youtube video cannot believe one. Like the Canon1000D he wash with water. turns out the camera is already dead. Some are just lemmings, they want others to follow their stupidity.
 

Last edited:

Gengh

New Member
May 6, 2007
1,984
0
0
Florida
#12
If using microwave oven, better make sure you're not using it in microwave mode, or it's bye bye all your electronics! And even using conventional ovens, better make sure the temperature control is fairly reliable.

But why go to such extreme measures? Just put under direct sun for a few days, and box up with thirsty hippos or rice at night, should be good enough.
 

Gengh

New Member
May 6, 2007
1,984
0
0
Florida
#13
I dun think putting a camera in an Oven or Microwave is safe. Even if u took out the battery, there is an area in the camera body that has a very high voltage (I have seen it in 2 vids in youtube) even when u took out ur battery.

Like in this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZ_RleZ9Bw

If explode how? somemore cannot see his actual video of him microwaving it. Very suspicious. Some Youtube video cannot believe one. Like the Canon1000D he wash with water. turns out the camera is already dead. Some are just lemmings, they want others to follow their stupidity.
I think they guy in the video did say he used the microwave oven in toaster mode, pre-heat to 50C, so he didn't actually microwave his camera. If he did, we'd see lots of sparks....
 

nanochan1

New Member
Feb 2, 2009
211
0
0
#14
I think they guy in the video did say he used the microwave oven in toaster mode, pre-heat to 50C, so he didn't actually microwave his camera. If he did, we'd see lots of sparks....
yeah, is heat, off, put camera in.
 

gigahz

New Member
Sep 24, 2007
896
0
0
Boon Lay
#16
dont use it for a week, leave it as is, if you have a hair blower try to blow it everyday.
remove the batteries.

and it would be fine
 

Moonlightsg

Senior Member
Jan 28, 2010
764
1
18
#19
i would not recommand with the heating method like 50c pre heat oven or hot hair blower ... sometime you never know is it too hot for the cam as is not like our head, feel that is too hot, will put the blower further... heat is always bad for rubber too... it may not burn or melt, but will shorten the rubber lifespend.
 

Top Bottom