Camera decoration

HoangHung

Nov 27, 2008
Clementi
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,
I am wondering about how you want to decorate your camera cosmetically , and how/how much do you want to spend to do it?
By "decoration", I mean sticking/painting stuff on your cameras :bsmilie:
Regards,
HoangHung

my decoration is the hard screen protector sticking on the back & top LCD since day one, i dun add anything else that doesn't give addplus to the cam function & protection, i use my cam to make good image not as a bling2 on my neck lol :p

Personally I prefer to get creative with the pictures I make. The camera is not jewelry to me.

Camera folks generally want to appear macho. A heavy DSLR with a long and thick lens says it all... if you put Hello Kitty and other blink-blink trinklets on it, it can only mean that you are...

Agreed... no blink blink, big big long long tua tua liab can de.. kaka

I will never 'bling' my camera beyond using protective screen saver for the LCD.

Camera is meant to be used… not to show ppl…

I'll never buy a used camera with decoration.

I personally think that it'll lower the resale value of the camera.

My wife was asking me about the same thing few months back, so I google around and found that Pentax have a bling bling SLR, can't remember the details but it sure looks a little uncomfy to use.. But I would sure like to see some gal weep out a fully pink bling bling decked 70-200mm f2.8.. Haha.. I'll sure salute her for the painful job.. :)

I still remembered an old man during yog who decorated his 500D + 70-200 2.8 is with blink blink stuff. I feel a bit weird about it too.
Let's say the decoration here can be pieces of leather to cover the gripping areas and can be easily peel off, will you do it?

I will never 'bling' my camera beyond using protective screen saver for the LCD.

Camera is meant to be used… not to show ppl…

depends. i cant remember but i think it was eddie who made his camera looked very cute. might look less intimidating if ur doing streets perhaps?

Never cross my mind to decorate my cameras... Unnecessary and time wasting. Clients don't appreciate bling bling cameras anyway.

Hi everyone,
I am wondering about how you want to decorate your camera cosmetically , and how/how much do you want to spend to do it?
By "decoration", I mean sticking/painting stuff on your cameras :bsmilie:
Regards,
HoangHung
Just because no one here has done it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Isn't that how Steve Job sells his iMac and iphone - stylish looks! It's your camera; do whatever you want with it. You don't need to ask permission from others.

you mean this ?
[video=youtube;pwZ_RleZ9Bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZ_RleZ9Bw[/video]

never decorate my DSLRs, see no point in doing so.

but for my white E-PL2, I specially went to buy a cream coloured neckstrap to make it look nicer, instead of using the original black colour strap which spoils the look.

Generally I think DSLRs not many ppl will wanna decorate it, but for smaller cameras and Mirrorless systems, its prefectly ok to make it look nicer :)

Last edited:
Diavonex said:
I'll never buy a used camera with decoration.

I personally think that it'll lower the resale value of the camera.

Unless is a fantastic deco otherwise it will.

In the end each individual should do whatever makes them happy. To bling or not to bling? That is a personal question.

nothing wrong with decorating your camera, creativity is not just limited to just the photos you take... expression of one's self via decoration of your gear is also an art by itself.

personally i don't decorate my DSLR, but I do have some garskin over my m4/3 cam, if that can be considered decoration.

sure why not ?

Meet my 'Ice Breaker' ...... 24mm f1.8 hidden behind the flowers bro'

have since toned it down to 2 stickers

flower212.jpg

flower310.jpg

i know serious street shooters like Bananadiver straps a little teddy bear onto his UWA lens barrell just to pull that social wall down

ed9119 said:
sure why not ?

Meet my 'Ice Breaker' ...... 24mm f1.8 hidden behind the flowers bro'

have since toned it down to 2 stickers

Flower power!! ;)