Camera condition

Oct 8, 2009
Hi all

I will going on a package tour to Europe in late Jan. As this is winter time and weather is very cold. How to maintatin and control the camera battery in good working condition so that the battery power will not suddenly deteriorate unnecessarily earilier than normal

I just came back from London a few days back and was using my D90 in cold weather.

As it kept on raining incessantly, I kinda unzipped my jacket and hid my D90 whenever I'm not shooting any photos. Even though the rain kinda splashed throughout my cam, it didn't give me any problems at all. The battery also held up surprisingly well and one single batt with 300 shots with only 1/5 of the juice used up.

Okay maybe only just a tiny bit of problem when my exposure meter disappeared for a while but it recovered as soon as I restarted it.

Thanks much for your response

Can I check did you charge your battery and what kind of power adaptor use in Europe

I didn't charge my battery there but I guess a universal adaptor which costs around 20 at most from supermarts won't hurt!

Hi all

I will going on a package tour to Europe in late Jan. As this is winter time and weather is very cold. How to maintatin and control the camera battery in good working condition so that the battery power will not suddenly deteriorate unnecessarily earilier than normal

I always carry 1 or 2 extra batteries per body as 1 battery failed on me once during cold weather, sometimes u take over night train or bus over 1 or 2 days and u may not have the opportunity to recharge except while in the station waiting for the train/bus