Camera company sponsorship in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

randytay

Jul 5, 2007
New York
www.khaymanphotography.com
Guys and gals,

I remember when there was not DSLR yet, the usual sponsors from photographic company is normally always Canon and Fuji.

Now in the digital age, it seems that the predominant sponsor is Canon. Has anyone seen/experience Nikon Singapore sponsoring *anything*? They used to be quite "cheap" in the past and *seemed* to be run by grumpy old men (gear snobs) as compared to the more friendly people at Canon (not those from the Canon club, they were snobs). But that was in the past (like 10 yeas ago).

Anything changed?

what kind of sponsorships are you talking about?

Nikon sponsors many many things, like the past TNP Big Walk

but these are in small small singapore
and not in NY City

Sponsor in Singapore.

I see more sponsor banner bearing Canon's name than Nikon. E.g, even TNP New face is Canon sonsored.

Besides the big walk, what other commercial or events are sponsored by Nikon (excluding outings that are Nikon related).

This is actually advertising... sponsoring a few small items and you'd get advertisments...

Guys and gals,

I remember when there was not DSLR yet, the usual sponsors from photographic company is normally always Canon and Fuji.

Now in the digital age, it seems that the predominant sponsor is Canon. Has anyone seen/experience Nikon Singapore sponsoring *anything*? They used to be quite "cheap" in the past and *seemed* to be run by grumpy old men (gear snobs) as compared to the more friendly people at Canon (not those from the Canon club, they were snobs). But that was in the past (like 10 yeas ago).

Anything changed?
If I didn't recall wrongly, Nikon does sponsor most of the major events organise by SAFRA Photo club...

IIRC they also sponsored the Dance Floor program on Channel 5 earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.