Camera cleaning tools recomendation..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have been spotting some dust spots when I look through my viewfinder which is due to the dusts on the camera's mirror.

So can you guys recommend me some tools to get rid of this dust? Another thing is, I know I can send it to service center/shop to get it done but, would really like to do it myself and save the money. I mean should my camera have dust again, I could get it clean by myself once I have the tools.

jaRv1s

Jun 5, 2009
Singapore
Hello everyone, I have been spotting some dust spots when I look through my viewfinder which is due to the dusts on the camera's mirror.

So can you guys recommend me some tools to get rid of this dust? Another thing is, I know I can send it to service center/shop to get it done but, would really like to do it myself and save the money. I mean should my camera have dust again, I could get it clean by myself once I have the tools.
try blower first... most probably on the mirror or focusing screen... if blower don't work... google as per your title...

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris

Why starting DIY on something that is not necessary? Let there be dust, it comes and goes .. and doesn't affect the pictures. If you have money to spend then do the wrong things with the mirror, the reflective layer is at surface, not behind the glass (like your shaving mirror). Also, the mirror is half-transparent, enough things to screw up.
Worry about dust on sensor or rear element of lens, everything else is Sisyphus work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom