Camera body

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
Hi guys, does camera body plays apart? Normally I seen some photos are sharp, color very vivid, nicely exposure taken. Maybe this photo?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zahne/4916622222/

Credit to Zahne

Most of my photos are very dull, exposure abit dark, image not sharp after taken. Yes, people will say it's the skill not the body or the lens but I just don't know why my photos isn't that perfect. Currently using Canon 20D. I was wondering if I should upgrade the body.

Your Canon 20D is more than capable of similar results i.e. sharp images, vivid colours etc. If you can't get the results you want, then you will have to look at your technique.

If you want a critique of your images, you will need to post a some examples.

Time to change system ;)

You need to learn about post processing. DSLR images are deliberately "toned down" to allow you more freedom in tweaking it in post.

post processing.

right now the cross-processing and color filter methods are very popular.

You can even use the most cheapest of cameras for if you are imaginative enough with post processing, the picture can look very nice.

Yup, post processing plays a larger part in colour saturation than the camera itself. If there's anything you want to upgrade other than post processing skills, upgrade your lenses first.

Also read up on the use of outdoor lighting techniques like reflectors and off camera flash.

most likely it's the camera settings (shutter speed, aperture, iso etc), hand held techniques and the post processes. u can use filled flash too on outdoor.

It is more a lighting issue....probably. U can try out diff fill in lighting methods (you tube has many videos).

[video=youtube;NGsmVw4tCWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsmVw4tCWY&feature=relmfu[/video]

Mayb this video can answer your question?

Ehhh, cannot really remember how I took this photo. Depend on the weather and place ba, that day the sky is pretty and the place is colorful. I increase my F.no and do a off-cam fill flash with lightsphere and I select my own focusing point. Nv change saturation but I added 0.2 vibrancy and increase the exposure in apple's aperture 3 application.

This photo are taken using A850 with sony 28-75f2.8 lens.

TS, I suppose it's time you explore fill flash to balance your subject and background exposure.

Mayb this video can answer your question?

if the person in the video can pull it off without also using editing software, really the Pro.

just get a 550D or 600D .... cheaper ...... and still better than your 20D

just get a 550D or 600D .... cheaper ...... and still better than your 20D