camera body cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleneutron

Oct 7, 2004
West
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but anyway...

I was wondering how you people clean the EXTERNAL parts of your camera to get rid of all that dirt and grime from your filthy hands ;)

I dont' know if the camera bodies make a diff but I'm concerned about cleaning a Nikon SLR/DSLR....

So do you all use some sort of alcohol or something? What gets the dirt out without damaging the body?

Thanks in advance

I don't think alcohol is neccessary for body cleaning. what I normally do is simply clean with a piece of wet cloth, a dry cloth and a blower... :)

i juz gaffer up the cam la...

parts that can clean juz use a clean lint cloth and wipe lo....

cleaning i more concerned with the lens ....

Witness said:
i juz gaffer up the cam la...

parts that can clean juz use a clean lint cloth and wipe lo....

cleaning i more concerned with the lens ....

Why gaffer? To camo also? Have you guys tried other methods? Shrink wrap? Use those transparent food wrappers. Maybe can try hor? :) Hmm.... but then those wrappers might not stick to the cam..... :think:

i only gaffer up the edges to prevent it from chipping and also the screws so tt its not exposed....

easier to clean the gaffer tape also la haha..

I put gaffer tape on my phone and when I ripped it off, got some sticky parts :(

then i tink u got the wrong kind....not supposed to have....u sure u didnt use duct tape instead??

quite sure it was gaffer..
I'll take a picture of it later... I ripped it off already :)

haha actually its not so much wear and tear i'm concerned about...that will definitely happen... just cleanliness in general...

i mean, after handling so many times when out shooting, with dirty hands, etc etc, its got to be cleaned right... i think it'll start smelling bad if you don't do it for too long also.. :think:

hmm ... i have been using my f80 for the past 3 years, without even wiping the body with cloth (other than water droplets from the rain). Till now, nope it doesnt smell at all ...

never even come across my mind tat my cam body will smell though ... :p

unless my hands are really dirty (with mud, soils, **** etc), i dun think i will be cleaning my body ... ;) (lazy lar ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.