Camera Bags


Status
Not open for further replies.

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#1
Any recommednations where 2 get a gd and rather affordable camera bag? I dun realli carry my SLR with all the accessories so just need a medium size 1. Thks!
 

Nov 30, 2002
222
0
16
39
Singapore
Visit site
#2
Hmm u might wanna try Cathay, they have a wide selection there. Hmm by the way i love ur nick. M3CSL, think i can only dream about it. Can only settle for its much younger bro at the moment. :)
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#3
thks! oh u drive a M3 wow! M3 is way gd enguff lah just that M3CSL is hardcore street racer haha But err...tis isnt a forum 2 tok abt cars...later kanna kick out or wat...

alloy said:
Hmm u might wanna try Cathay, they have a wide selection there. Hmm by the way i love ur nick. M3CSL, think i can only dream about it. Can only settle for its much younger bro at the moment. :)
 

Mar 28, 2003
189
0
0
41
Toa Payoh
Visit site
#4
You want shoulder sling bag or haversack? Sling bag can try the Stealth Reporter series, and Haversack can try Mini Trekker both from LowePro.
 

Nov 30, 2002
222
0
16
39
Singapore
Visit site
#5
m3csl said:
thks! oh u drive a M3 wow! M3 is way gd enguff lah just that M3CSL is hardcore street racer haha But err...tis isnt a forum 2 tok abt cars...later kanna kick out or wat...
No lah not that serious since u are the thread starter and im not gonna disturb u much. ;)

Ok for slings, u can try crumpler or the lowepro stealth reporter series. For haversacks, u can get the lowe rover series or crumpler's brian's hot tub etc. Actually the best way is to make ur way down to cathay with ur current equiptment and then test filling up the bag, while at the same time u should keep in check that there's additional room for putting more new equiptments in the near future which u definitely will.

Crumpler will look much less like a camera bag so it would be rather safe from the eyes of thieves who arent familliar with this brand. Whereas lowepro will definitely look like a pro cam bag, and theives will see that as a major signal to go for it. Your Choice, both are jus as good imo.

Oh and i dont drive an M3 lah, jus a E46 320i lah, thats why i said "much younger brother" instead of "younger brother" loh. Think i should say much, much, much, much, younger brother next time for the M3,330,328,325, in between M3csl and 320 hehe. Chose the 320 cos its a 6 pot; sounds sweeter, creamier and got more juice than the 4 pots, more opp to mod the engine in future also. ;p Anything above that, think gotta wait abit liao, anyway still got plenty of time lah, me now only 25, if work and save even harder maybe, jus maybe , i might jus get an M3 in future haahaha, paiseh, me bonkers liao, not enuff sleep plus work stress, paiseh. :embrass:
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#6
FiveIronFrenzy said:
You want shoulder sling bag or haversack? Sling bag can try the Stealth Reporter series, and Haversack can try Mini Trekker both from LowePro.
hmm...think i will go for a sling bag, hw much does it costs? thks!
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#7
alloy said:
No lah not that serious since u are the thread starter and im not gonna disturb u much. ;)

Ok for slings, u can try crumpler or the lowepro stealth reporter series. For haversacks, u can get the lowe rover series or crumpler's brian's hot tub etc. Actually the best way is to make ur way down to cathay with ur current equiptment and then test filling up the bag, while at the same time u should keep in check that there's additional room for putting more new equiptments in the near future which u definitely will.

Crumpler will look much less like a camera bag so it would be rather safe from the eyes of thieves who arent familliar with this brand. Whereas lowepro will definitely look like a pro cam bag, and theives will see that as a major signal to go for it. Your Choice, both are jus as good imo.

Oh and i dont drive an M3 lah, jus a E46 320i lah, thats why i said "much younger brother" instead of "younger brother" loh. Think i should say much, much, much, much, younger brother next time for the M3,330,328,325, in between M3csl and 320 hehe. Chose the 320 cos its a 6 pot; sounds sweeter, creamier and got more juice than the 4 pots, more opp to mod the engine in future also. ;p Anything above that, think gotta wait abit liao, anyway still got plenty of time lah, me now only 25, if work and save even harder maybe, jus maybe , i might jus get an M3 in future haahaha, paiseh, me bonkers liao, not enuff sleep plus work stress, paiseh. :embrass:
But i heard Crumpler bags r pretty ex izzit? hw much r they? said base price? thks!

Actually in sg context 320 enguff liao 170bhp and 1 of the best six ard no matter the capacity heez drove b4 a 320 realli like it :> Although M3CSL is great think its 2 hardcore for roads, will love a 320d or 330d if sg lower its sky high diesal rate! The mountain load of torque is more than enguff 2 compensate for the slightly lesser bhp!
 

Nov 30, 2002
222
0
16
39
Singapore
Visit site
#8
m3csl said:
But i heard Crumpler bags r pretty ex izzit? hw much r they? said base price? thks!

Actually in sg context 320 enguff liao 170bhp and 1 of the best six ard no matter the capacity heez drove b4 a 320 realli like it :> Although M3CSL is great think its 2 hardcore for roads, will love a 320d or 330d if sg lower its sky high diesal rate! The mountain load of torque is more than enguff 2 compensate for the slightly lesser bhp!
Ermm crumpler are priced a bit higher than lowepro loh, lets say u go for one that is rather spacious for an SLR system then be most certain to prepare more than a $100 at least. There are quite a few sizes but those sling on ones that is big enuff for slr system are more suitable imo. If u intend to carry ur bag more for street shooting then a crumpler is better, cos ppl will not stare at u or be wary of u with that big pro looking bag like a lowepro. If u intend to use it for specific photography usage and dont mind ppl noticing u as a photographer straight away then a lowepro is good.

Hmm as for the 320i , yeah its definitely more than enuff for sg road usage. Actually the handling of a car is more important cos, u can brake harder and later, and turn faster and sharper, this way, sure fast one. I not too sure of diesel rate in Sg, but i get info from most ppl that diesel lack power unlike petrol thats why not so pop with the ppl. But from the review i got from the latest BMW mag, it seems like the modern diesel engine is getting better and better, the featured 330d was nothing short of powerful and awesome man. M3CSL will jus be a dream to me lah, its fast and has good handling and all that, but u must be damn rich and lucky to own one here, cos most of them are supposed to be catered to the european mkt. The latest pricing from PML is at $4oo++K :bigeyes:
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#9
alloy said:
Ermm crumpler are priced a bit higher than lowepro loh, lets say u go for one that is rather spacious for an SLR system then be most certain to prepare more than a $100 at least. There are quite a few sizes but those sling on ones that is big enuff for slr system are more suitable imo. If u intend to carry ur bag more for street shooting then a crumpler is better, cos ppl will not stare at u or be wary of u with that big pro looking bag like a lowepro. If u intend to use it for specific photography usage and dont mind ppl noticing u as a photographer straight away then a lowepro is good.

Hmm as for the 320i , yeah its definitely more than enuff for sg road usage. Actually the handling of a car is more important cos, u can brake harder and later, and turn faster and sharper, this way, sure fast one. I not too sure of diesel rate in Sg, but i get info from most ppl that diesel lack power unlike petrol thats why not so pop with the ppl. But from the review i got from the latest BMW mag, it seems like the modern diesel engine is getting better and better, the featured 330d was nothing short of powerful and awesome man. M3CSL will jus be a dream to me lah, its fast and has good handling and all that, but u must be damn rich and lucky to own one here, cos most of them are supposed to be catered to the european mkt. The latest pricing from PML is at $4oo++K :bigeyes:
Wow! Thks for the long and comprehensive explaination! Guess crumpler will suit me better as i'm still a newbie at photogrpahy dun wanna appear 2 pro lah haha Oli Cathy foto sells crumplers? Does MS colours sells them 2? Read a lot they sell stuff cheaper...Btw these bags arent waterproof rite?

Yeah do agree after my drive in my cousins's 320, realli noes wat their ultimate driving machine is abt! haha btw when did they changed their tagline 2 sheer driving pleasure? dun sounds as pwr! realli pity many ppl (aka aunties) dun apprecaite the bimmers' handling etc they r realli nt joking with their tagline! Yeah M3CSL selling for 430K from my last read. Diesel engines esp common rail engines r gems 2 me man lots of torque and the hotter the better! Imagine a 330d wins a 330i from say 80-120 haha
 

webstop

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
83
0
0
#10
I bought a second-hand crumpler bag, much much cheaper.
 

Nov 30, 2002
222
0
16
39
Singapore
Visit site
#11
m3csl said:
Wow! Thks for the long and comprehensive explaination! Guess crumpler will suit me better as i'm still a newbie at photogrpahy dun wanna appear 2 pro lah haha Oli Cathy foto sells crumplers? Does MS colours sells them 2? Read a lot they sell stuff cheaper...Btw these bags arent waterproof rite?

Yeah do agree after my drive in my cousins's 320, realli noes wat their ultimate driving machine is abt! haha btw when did they changed their tagline 2 sheer driving pleasure? dun sounds as pwr! realli pity many ppl (aka aunties) dun apprecaite the bimmers' handling etc they r realli nt joking with their tagline! Yeah M3CSL selling for 430K from my last read. Diesel engines esp common rail engines r gems 2 me man lots of torque and the hotter the better! Imagine a 330d wins a 330i from say 80-120 haha
Wah no need so humble lah bro, even if u really newbie, i think no body will penalise u for getting a good bag loh. Anyway Cathay sells a wide range of crumpler thats why we recommend u cathay.
Alan Photo in Sim Lim might have also, but i not too sure, u can call them at 63360922 to enquire.
As for MS colour this is the link to its site. U can check for all info u need regarding the shop http://www.mscolor.com.sg/ .
There is another shop in Wheelock Place, its the official boutique for crumpler, but i think they sell their bags more for general usage rather then a camera bag, u might need to search for a bunion insert if the bag that u fancy doesnt come with it.
As for lowepro's bag, i think all the above mentioned shops except that crumpler boutique carry them.
A second hand one will be cheaper of cos. U might wanna wait for one on sale in our buy/sell column, but be certain that the condition is good, but if the savings made is negligible, then i think its wiser to go get a new one where u can choose the design till u happy.
Crumpler bags should be rather good at resisting water and all that lah, never tried it in heavy rain, but definitely no prob at all for slight rain and drizzle. Its definitely not water proof !! Dun think i wanna dunk my bag into a pool of water. Take a look at the actual bag and u will know wat im talking about. Lowepro will come attached with additional rain protective bag for certain models, u can wrap ur whole bag up when the rain gets heavy.

I think i remember they changed their tagline for a while liao, but till now i still associate bimmers to the good old tagline of the U.D.M. And yeah their handling at stock is very good liao, but of cos if u are serious in upping the handling of the vehicle then certain mods still have to be done to stiffen up the car a little. The last thing on the list to do a mod is to do a ECU remap on a bimmer imo, cos the yield is too low to justify the cost. Basically the roll bars, struts, suspension system is the few things to add in or change first not forgetting hhaving good tires in the first place, the results is noticeable immediately. And yeah, most aunties know nuts about a car except for the badge the car's wearing, thats why they almost certainly will choose a "Matsidi" (Merc) anytime over other brands. Just like they will choose a Rolex over a Patek Philippe or Ulysse Nardin watch. I really dunno much about diesel engines but if the modern design is getting better and better and i might have savings from it for both buy price and long run cost, i might be interested. But i guess for now its still quite a wait before that is feasible.
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#12
m3csl said:
Any recommednations where 2 get a gd and rather affordable camera bag? I dun realli carry my SLR with all the accessories so just need a medium size 1. Thks!
Try Cathay. Get the Lowepro series. I personally prefer those compared to Crumpler. Its nice but very expensive compared to Lowepro. As to which model, really depends on what your gear setup is like. I use a Stealth Reporter 400AW. Can carry 2 bodies, flash and 3-4 lenses.
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#13
webstop: thks for the tips!

coke21: thks also! i will decide which brand when i take a look at the bags. price is also a factor man
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#14
alloy said:
Wah no need so humble lah bro, even if u really newbie, i think no body will penalise u for getting a good bag loh. Anyway Cathay sells a wide range of crumpler thats why we recommend u cathay.
Alan Photo in Sim Lim might have also, but i not too sure, u can call them at 63360922 to enquire.
As for MS colour this is the link to its site. U can check for all info u need regarding the shop http://www.mscolor.com.sg/ .
There is another shop in Wheelock Place, its the official boutique for crumpler, but i think they sell their bags more for general usage rather then a camera bag, u might need to search for a bunion insert if the bag that u fancy doesnt come with it.
As for lowepro's bag, i think all the above mentioned shops except that crumpler boutique carry them.
A second hand one will be cheaper of cos. U might wanna wait for one on sale in our buy/sell column, but be certain that the condition is good, but if the savings made is negligible, then i think its wiser to go get a new one where u can choose the design till u happy.
Crumpler bags should be rather good at resisting water and all that lah, never tried it in heavy rain, but definitely no prob at all for slight rain and drizzle. Its definitely not water proof !! Dun think i wanna dunk my bag into a pool of water. Take a look at the actual bag and u will know wat im talking about. Lowepro will come attached with additional rain protective bag for certain models, u can wrap ur whole bag up when the rain gets heavy.

I think i remember they changed their tagline for a while liao, but till now i still associate bimmers to the good old tagline of the U.D.M. And yeah their handling at stock is very good liao, but of cos if u are serious in upping the handling of the vehicle then certain mods still have to be done to stiffen up the car a little. The last thing on the list to do a mod is to do a ECU remap on a bimmer imo, cos the yield is too low to justify the cost. Basically the roll bars, struts, suspension system is the few things to add in or change first not forgetting hhaving good tires in the first place, the results is noticeable immediately. And yeah, most aunties know nuts about a car except for the badge the car's wearing, thats why they almost certainly will choose a "Matsidi" (Merc) anytime over other brands. Just like they will choose a Rolex over a Patek Philippe or Ulysse Nardin watch. I really dunno much about diesel engines but if the modern design is getting better and better and i might have savings from it for both buy price and long run cost, i might be interested. But i guess for now its still quite a wait before that is feasible.
Hmm...realli gotta see the bag 2 decide. Realli gotta go Cathay 2 decide. Dun realli need waterproof just water resistence i think. They r at marina square?

hw much will it costs 2 mod the ECU? hw much is the increase? think a strut var will be rather gd liao! AC Schnitzer 1?Btw i hate auntie drivers...slow or drive with no care 2 others!
 

Kecak

Deregistered
Mar 9, 2004
18
0
0
Jurong
#15
Lowepro Stealth Reporter no more stock at Cathay, only left the very big ones. The guy said new stock will come only next month.

Alan Photo does not have Lowepro or Crumpler shoulder bag last Saturday I visited, but a lot of Nikon shoulder bag, all same size, like its for free gift.
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#18
m3csl said:
Hmm...realli gotta see the bag 2 decide. Realli gotta go Cathay 2 decide. Dun realli need waterproof just water resistence i think. They r at marina square?

hw much will it costs 2 mod the ECU? hw much is the increase? think a strut var will be rather gd liao! AC Schnitzer 1?Btw i hate auntie drivers...slow or drive with no care 2 others!

Yup they have a store at marina square.
 

m3csl

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
81
0
0
Singapore
#20
Thks Kecak,SniperD & coke21 for the replies! Shld be making my way 2 cathay soon 2 check out since they hve more variety. Went MS colours 2day, they hve v few variety. Saw some small-mid size lowerpro and crumpler selling from $30-50. Is tis consider cheap?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom