camera bags that dont look like camera bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

halisuicide

Oct 1, 2009
yew tee
...where can i find nice funky camera bags....??

i saw this vintage camera bag someone was using but for dslr...

but dunno where to get...

n pls ...no crumpler bags......

is not like i dont like them...

they are everiwhere....:bigeyes:

Buy a Billingham or a Domke if "looks" are that important

The most I'd pay for one of these "camera bags that don't look like camera bags" is ~199 for a Thinktank Urban Disguise 40

there is a cheaper option fyi...get a camera bag to put inside a bag that does not look like a camera bag.

some are not everywhere...at least not mine...but paid with a heafty price too
image_small1190908457.jpg

http://www.crumplereurope.com/?prod...k._Green&page=details&product_id=UD-004&size=

big enough for my camera + lens + flash + laptop, but when everything is in ...it will weigh too much. haha...but certainly flashy enough being a leather crumpler bag.

if looks are all you want,
even cheaper option... just put your camera in a regular bag -.-

an expensive one too :bsmilie:

but so lovely, well designed, and from more than a year's experience now, very tolerant to abuse. :heart:

some people ask me, how to take care of their billingham.. i tell them.. if you buy expensive bag to be slave to it.. might as well don't buy.

my billingham has been on the beach, soaked in punggol water.. in the rain, used as pillow. the more beaten up it looks, the more i love it. :heart:

Last edited:
but so lovely, well designed, and from more than a year's experience now, very tolerant to abuse. :heart:

some people ask me, how to take care of their billingham.. i tell them.. if you buy expensive bag to be slave to it.. might as well don't buy.

my billingham has been on the beach, soaked in punggol water.. in the rain, used as pillow. the more beaten up it looks, the more i love it. :heart:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lol Rubber_Duck... your bag look less like camera bag and more like those bags you see assassins carry in movies with their sniper rifle and submachine gun all hidden inside xD

if i saw you on the road i'd stay clear hehehe :D

:thumbsup:

You pay lots for a tough, durable bag..so it's only your obligation to test the manufacturer's claims :devil:

:thumbsup:

You pay lots for a tough, durable bag..so it's only your obligation to test the manufacturer's claims :devil:

well, one part has hole in the outermost fabric, but the waterproof layer is still intact.

i think it's because of the way i sling it (cross).. so there is friction in unexpected place :)

same problem with TS :( cant seem to find nice looking camera bag that dont scream "camera bag!" Had a few crumplers before. colour tends to run after some time which i dun particular fancy.

was considering national geographic sling bags esp. those grey ones as they look quite casual bag. But sadly after a visit to the showroom realise that the padding is really lacking.

any suggestion?

if looks are all you want,
even cheaper option... just put your camera in a regular bag -.-
actually thats what i did initially since current camera backpacks not really that comfortable for my back.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454559

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIATV-0KiM Water Test

d3ac6d6f.jpg

Added the below when really need to carry lots of gear.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573852

Last edited:
This is my DIY Porter Bag.
Just got a padded insert...;)

dsc00007jj0.jpg

dsc00008rr9.jpg

dsc00009qf4.jpg

cool... the padded inserts is bought separately?

anyone know if there is soft pouch for 50d with kit lens? thinking of getting one and put it in normal bag :)

Try the Urban Disguise series from ThinkTank. They look more like document bags. J3:16 carries them.

Urban-Disguise-50-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.