Camera bags - shoulder, sling or backpack?

...Im in a bag dilemma too:sweat: Not sure if i should get 5 or 6 million dollar homes or get a domke bag like the f-3x or j3 ....

I've not looked into kata yet..so many brands in the market.:sweat:
How much is the T216?

I love kata :bsmilie:

I think i paid 168 that time which was around last year early dec

I saw a new set of bumblebee kata bags. looks good and doesn't look like a camera bag at all (which I prefer due to security reasons) anyway not sure about how fast can access but I'm a slow person so it evens up. :)

Expensive in terms of absolute price but not in terms of value. You grab one of those and see, you'll be touched by the worksmenship and design. Easily much better than those designer brands woman like to buy at a fraction of the price - you'll really be paying for what is it worth than some silly branding. Ha, enough of poison. <;

Thanks but my budget cannot afford a Billingham. :(
Already spent >$k for this month. :sweat:

I found one of the Vanguard bags can hold a tripod at the bottom ofthe bag. Think it's Oregon something...

I used to face this problem too. Bought a tripod and wanted to bring it out then realise there is no good place to sling or hook it anywhere without entangling myself in straps. Back then, I was using shoulder and sling bags. I was frustrated but still wants to bring out my tripod. Then in the end, I chose the Vanguard Uprise 46 backpack which can hold a tripod on the side and all my equipments. Now so far so good, no complaints.

kengoh, shoulder and sling bags normally can't hold a tripod unless your tripod is really light and small. So if you really want to bring tripod out everytime, then a backpack will be a good choice. As for me, I bring tripod almost everytime I go shooting, be it day or night.

Haven't try this method of changing lens.
The pics looks easy but wonder if I can get use to it? :dunno:

Take a look at Kata:
kata 3N1 33

From what I know Kata provide the backpack for Israel's army and I find it very fitting and comfortable to carry. If you do a cross sling u just need to unbuckle one sling and it become a sling bag for you to get your camera on the side zip by just a pull.

Best is you go down to the shop to try. OP have a few selection for that model.

I love kata :bsmilie:

I think i paid 168 that time which was around last year early dec

Thanks.

I saw a new set of bumblebee kata bags. looks good and doesn't look like a camera bag at all (which I prefer due to security reasons) anyway not sure about how fast can access but I'm a slow person so it evens up. :)

You are the 3rd guy in this thread that owns a kata.
This brand must have something unqiue. :think:;)

You are the 3rd guy in this thread that owns a kata.
This brand must have something unqiue. :think:;)

I have a Kata DR 467, which i prefer to the Tamrac Adventure 9 I used to have, and a Domke J2, which I prefer to a Lowepro Stealth Reporter that I have back in SG.

I have a Kata DR 467, which i prefer to the Tamrac Adventure 9 I used to have, and a Domke J2, which I prefer to a Lowepro Stealth Reporter that I have back in SG.

looks like katas comin out tops :bsmilie:

me using kata backpack too :bsmilie: impt thing is that u have to configure the internal compartments so u know which side to swing it to reach for your stuff.

Winer bags lah. the 1962 model. XD

From HWZ by myself

i just bought lowepro fastpack 100. fit my pentax k-x nicely. this is the kind of bag i wanted. bought from slr revo at $85.

its a backpack, Small, not eye-catching but still look decent, fit my personal items and the annoying tripod, able to stand on its own, many pockets around to put other kinds of things, and of coz the velco. FastPack 100 may be too small for some ppl but for me, i want it as minimal as possible.

I can fit my cheapo small tripod at the side tightly. It bind the top of the tripod to the bag handle as you can see. so tt it doesnt fall off. the bottom of tripod is tuck into the netting meant for putting water bottle. so nice! i dont need to carry tripod with my hand.
img62947.jpg

it fits pentax k-x with an extra lens nicely. i can squeeze a 3rd lens into the pocket as it is quite deep.
img62914.jpg

upper compartment is very imp to me as i can put my water bottle, passport, pens, keys and many things. it looks small but its actually very deep and can fit my SAF green water bottle.
img6293r.jpg

I've bought the 7 million $ bag from TK Foto this afternoon.
smile.gif

It's the new version with 2 buckles. They have the older version too & are clearing stock at a price close to used ones in the B&S. Luckily I didn't buy from B&S forum. :sweatsm:

I've bought the 7 million $ bag from TK Foto this afternoon.
smile.gif

It's the new version with 2 buckles. They have the older version too & are clearing stock at a price close to used ones in the B&S. Luckily I didn't buy from B&S forum. :sweatsm:

Congrats Bro :bsmilie:

Can I know where did you see bumblebee kata bags ?
I am interested to get one.
Thanks.