Camera Bag

gohjialong

Jul 16, 2010
Hi guys, recently sold my 6mdh away although really like it alot. Reason cos after holding camera equipment, no place for personal stuff! So decided that I should have a bag for both equipment and personal stuff. Any brands to recommend other than crumpler and lowepro? Best if you are using the bag and can tell me your experience :) well, my equipment would be a body, 1 zoom lens and 2 other tiny lens, and full of accessories.

If you do not want Crumpler or Lowepro,look at Tamrac/Kata/Think Tank or National Geographic...

Last edited:
Hi guys, recently sold my 6mdh away although really like it alot. Reason cos after holding camera equipment, no place for personal stuff! So decided that I should have a bag for both equipment and personal stuff. Any brands to recommend other than crumpler and lowepro? Best if you are using the bag and can tell me your experience :) well, my equipment would be a body, 1 zoom lens and 2 other tiny lens, and full of accessories.

How much of personal stuff are you refering to? :think:
Personally having a same bag for camera and personal items did not work out for me:( coz during travel after unloading mine personal items in the room the bag becomes too big and empty with just mine camera and gears.
Now I have different bags for camera and personal stuff. At times to go really light for a short trip, I jus back enough batteries, a 50mm prime and a t-shirt even leaving the charger behind.;)

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Any specific bags to recommend? Cos I'm sure just by looking at pictures from websites wouldn't help me much in deciding. Personal stuff would actually be umbrella, space for some thin books, not a lot actually. Like, wallet, hp that kind of stuff.

go to tk foto in funan and check out - they have a lot of variety.. i bought kata from there few weeks ago which allows me to store camera, 2 lenses, some misc stuff and a separate section for personal items...

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Any specific bags to recommend? Cos I'm sure just by looking at pictures from websites wouldn't help me much in deciding. Personal stuff would actually be umbrella, space for some thin books, not a lot actually. Like, wallet, hp that kind of stuff.

If you wanna store some thin books,you gotta look at those which has a laptop compartment.Cos personal space usually don't allow you to store books/magazines...

Anyway,if you do not want Lowepro and Crumpler,you're only left with:

Kata 3n1-22/33
Kata DR-467i
Tamrac Evolution 8 Model 5788

There's more but i can't remember.Go down to the usual stores and take a look,they might be able to recommend you some...

'Personal stuff would actually be umbrella, space for some thin books, not a lot actually. Like, wallet, hp that kind of stuff.'

From what you have describe the Kata 123-go-20 may fit your requirement.
I am currently using it too and with similar amount of personal items.
Go check out this bag. ;)

Last edited:
go to tk foto in funan and check out - they have a lot of variety.. i bought kata from there few weeks ago which allows me to store camera, 2 lenses, some misc stuff and a separate section for personal items...

Looks like I'll be making a trip down to funan this weekend :)

If you wanna store some thin books,you gotta look at those which has a laptop compartment.Cos personal space usually don't allow you to store books/magazines...

Anyway,if you do not want Lowepro and Crumpler,you're only left with:

Kata 3n1-22/33
Kata DR-467i
Tamrac Evolution 8 Model 5788

There's more but i can't remember.Go down to the usual stores and take a look,they might be able to recommend you some...

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out these 3 bags and see if ts to my liking!

'Personal stuff would actually be umbrella, space for some thin books, not a lot actually. Like, wallet, hp that kind of stuff.'

From what you have describe the Kata 123-go-20 may fit your requirement.
I am currently using it too and with similar amount of personal items.
Go check out this bag. ;)

This bag looks really suitable and doesn't look too "camera bag" in my own opinion la. Where did you get yours anyway? If got time wanna go take a look :)

Thinktank and Billingham :thumbsup:

You can check out ThinkTank Urban Disguise.. :)

Can try the new KATA Access 18 which fits body with grip plus additional one lens and flash...:cool: