Camera Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a backpack and a couple of shoulder bags. Both have pros and cons.

Backpacks: easier on your back since the weight is evenly distributed to both shoulders. Some come with a tripod holder so your hands are free. However, wouldn't be so practical for street photography as access to camera is very slow and cumbersome.

Shoulder bags: Can be unfriendly to shoulders and backs. I usually switch sides from time to time. Doesn't come with tripod holder. However, accessing to camera is very fast.

I usually use backpacks on hiking and travel trips together with a top loader. Use shoulder bags for other occasions.

Originally posted by Kit
I am using a backpack and a couple of shoulder bags. Both have pros and cons.

Backpacks: easier on your back since the weight is evenly distributed to both shoulders. Some come with a tripod holder so your hands are free. However, wouldn't be so practical for street photography as access to camera is very slow and cumbersome.

Shoulder bags: Can be unfriendly to shoulders and backs. I usually switch sides from time to time. Doesn't come with tripod holder. However, accessing to camera is very fast.

I usually use backpacks on hiking and travel trips together with a top loader. Use shoulder bags for other occasions.
Thought of that too. Eventually, I bought a backpack.

Originally posted by makan007

No. Cannot bring other lens along.

Here's a beltpack with 2 lens holders. Lowepro Off Road. Quite big and can put a lot of stuff. The 2 lens cases on the sides can be taken out and you can convert the bag into a sling bag too! Got it for $87. Price tag was abt $175!
OffRoad.jpg

I think somebody is selling the Off Road Runner at $40. Quite a good deal I think. I just bought myself the Linx Lx-120 which is a smaller version of this also by Lowepro. Am happy with it.:D

Got meself the Photo Runner from CP at $52. Served me well thus far.

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekblt.htm#

Think it really depends where you intend to go, who you intend to go with and what you intend to do when you get there.

If you're trekking, get a backpack/beltpack.

If you're going for a nice holiday to a G-7 country, bring a backpack/shoulder bag.

If you're always in a rushed freny, following shopping-crazy friends/spouses/relatives get a shoulder bag/beltpack.

Depends also on what you want to carry along with you. You're giving up space in a beltpack for convenience. You don't want to carry a full set of lenses in your wife's shopping trip to Thailand.

enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.