CAMERA BAG

NEXUSER

Jun 10, 2012
Singapore
Hi All,

Need some good advice from experts pertaining to Camera Bag that i should purchase. I've just brought a NEX5N with Sony Lens SEL18200. I need a bag which can contain the Camera + Lens, Spare battery and the flash light. Do you have good recommendation for Camera Bag, if yes, kindly advise for reference. If possible, do let me know where can i purchase it.

I'm looking at Lowepro - Photo Runner 100, reason for choosing this bag is because it a beltpack and can converts to a shoulder bag. However, I'm not sure whether this is good enough to protect the camera + Lens?

Hope to hear your valuable comment.

I'm looking at Lowepro - Photo Runner 100, reason for choosing this bag is because it a beltpack and can converts to a shoulder bag. However, I'm not sure whether this is good enough to protect the camera + Lens?

Hope to hear your valuable comment.

It should be good enough to protect your equipment,,,,, unless you are the type that like to throw your bag about, put it on the floor and accidentally gets stepped or kicked about. Otherwise it's ok for normal careful use

Im using Billingham digital Hadley. (That is if you are willing to spend.. price is close to $200.)

Bella IV Shoulder Bag Cord from Manfrotto
looks pretty good too..

Last edited:
you want budget types, go for lowepro. you want good bags, go for kata or Crumpler.

but you want quality, go for ThinkTank, Billingham or Timbuk2.

(why Timbuk2? the bag survived 2 bike crashed on the road)

Always buy bigger than what you need. :3 save u lot of trouble when add stuff or upgrading

Dear all, thank you for the valuable feedback. At least I've some ideas on the different brands of bag that I can look into. Appreciated.

you want budget types, go for lowepro. you want good bags, go for kata or Crumpler.

but you want quality, go for ThinkTank, Billingham or Timbuk2.

(why Timbuk2? the bag survived 2 bike crashed on the road)

My Timbuk2 survived several bike crashes too but can't say its content was 100% safe and intact.
The prism for my F3 & unmounted 35mm was totally damaged after one of the crashes.

My Timbuk2 survived several bike crashes too but can't say its content was 100% safe and intact.
The prism for my F3 & unmounted 35mm was totally damaged after one of the crashes.

you need to get good padding too. another from Timbuk2 there's a Snoop Messenger bag

you need to get good padding too. another from Timbuk2 there's a Snoop Messenger bag
I am thinking of getting either the messenger bag or the backpack. Which one do you personally recommend?

Also, where can I get those velcro separator like those found in Timbuk2's Snoop Messenger?

Last edited:
I am thinking of getting either the messenger bag or the backpack. Which one do you personally recommend?

Also, where can I get those velcro separator like those found in Timbuk2's Snoop Messenger?

Orient Photo.

NEXUSER said:
Dear all, thank you for the valuable feedback. At least I've some ideas on the different brands of bag that I can look into. Appreciated.

Don't forget about vanguard. It's a good bag with tough material and thick padding

Orient Photo.

oh oops. i think you were asking about my opinion on which Timbuk2 bag is better right?

for light loads, a sling bag is good enough. especially if it's the NEX-5N and SEL18200 combo.

but it depends on your preference if you prefer sling bags or backpacks.

oh oops. i think you were asking about my opinion on which Timbuk2 bag is better right?

for light loads, a sling bag is good enough. especially if it's the NEX-5N and SEL18200 combo.

but it depends on your preference if you prefer sling bags or backpacks.

Haha yup. The snoop version that is.