Camera Bag - with NIKON wordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are quite a few nikon made bags. i own 3 of them.

1 is like the safrotto clone, canvas bag(freaking pathetic inserts.. i used my own... )
2) another small canvas bag ... looks very girlish....
3) lowepro rezo 190AW .

there's nothing nice carrying the nikon bag. if you're paid to be a walking advertisement, i dont mind carrying it but for free... erm.. no thanks.
why do i still carry it ? i only carry bag 1&3 .. cause bag 2 is too girlish and tooo small .

bag 1 is because it's "spacious" , bag 3 cause all weather in case it rains.. even though i have plastic bag and umbrella AND raincoat to protect myself and bag, the all weather hood that comes with the rezo 190aw is good!

don't get a bag with the brand wording.

it just shouts out that u might hv camera gears inside and prone to thieves etc.

Seriously, I think it will be easier and better to just go find a good bag strap and go embroidered "Nikon" word on it. Then you have more choice to find a bag that really suit your needs. Much easier way is just to buy some keychains, or tags with Nikon wording. Just clip it on your bag.

don't get a bag with the brand wording.

it just shouts out that u might hv camera gears inside and prone to thieves etc.

What kind of thinking is this...you dont really think thieves/robber are stupid, even w/o wording they will still steal/rob you of everything and anything if the chances are there. Carry a bag with Nikon wording on it have nothing to do with shouting out to thief/robber to invited them to you.

If you really think in this way, meaning to say all the thing you own you debadge it? So it will be better you remove the brand name on your camera and replace it with hello kitty (no offence to hello kitty fans). Then the "clever" thief/robber will stay away from you and your camera...

I find some driver remove the brand logo and/or the model wording from their car...they afraid of being rob/steal.:dunno:

if u really want the Nikon Logo, choices become abit limited, but otherwise can consider Kata Bags, i'm also considering one

which kata model u wanna get, i got the 3N1-20 and loving it.... quite spacious....

for such equipment,

i'd put my hands in better bags then lowepro.

seriously, get a bag that cost more, but still it protects your cams and lens worth a few thousand

there's domke, billingham and thinktank...

if you still like the word nikon on the bag, get any tailor to embroid it on.

Is Lowepro really THAT bad???
I'm using my bundled Rezo 190 (w Nikon embroidery) and it's served me really well. The material is tough, the zips are durable, the fabric doesn't fray... honestly, I don't know what more I could ask for from a camera bag.

I'm using my bundled Rezo 190 (w Nikon embroidery) and it's served me really well. The material is tough, the zips are durable, the fabric doesn't fray... honestly, I don't know what more I could ask for from a camera bag.

Lowepro Rezo is a decent bag, just that Lomographer too much money lor.

What kind of thinking is this...you dont really think thieves/robber are stupid, even w/o wording they will still steal/rob you of everything and anything if the chances are there. Carry a bag with Nikon wording on it have nothing to do with shouting out to thief/robber to invited them to you.

If you really think in this way, meaning to say all the thing you own you debadge it? So it will be better you remove the brand name on your camera and replace it with hello kitty (no offence to hello kitty fans). Then the "clever" thief/robber will stay away from you and your camera...

I find some driver remove the brand logo and/or the model wording from their car...they afraid of being rob/steal.:dunno:

y r u so offensive?
and the examples that u brought up are...well...completely different situations.
the moment u take out ur dslr, u r announcing to the world what u have
the cars on the street, what r u tryin to cover up(the bag covers the cam)? the engine or the tyres?

of course robbers/thievies are not stupid.
if they c a bag with those words, frankly do u think they would steal a plain bag over 1 which might hv expensive stuffs inside?
it may not be happening in SNG, but it definitely happen in else where in the world.

also, i'm not the only person with this logic.

it plays to be safe than cry like a baby later

Last edited:

it's unfortunately failed me a few times, esp the rezo 190, borrowed it from my brother as i didn't wanna bring my domke. the strap snapped with only 1 RF in it and 2 lenses, and it almost went into the drain, so i'm pretty traumatised by it...

it's not a bad bag though, just a personal choice...

to me, i'd rather domke and billinghams as they are long-lasting and the price justifies the quality.

honestly, they are more prone to looking out for those canon and nikon bags,

esp the free bags canon gives with the cam,(red canon wording)

if i carry a thinktank urban disguise, it looks more like a sling bag/briefcase, which will be less likely to catch attention as compared to the former...

that's why thinktank created the urban disguise for a reason, right?

y r u so offensive?
and the examples that u brought up are...well...completely different situations.
the moment u take out ur dslr, u r announcing to the world what u have
the cars on the street, what r u tryin to cover up(the bag covers the cam)? the engine or the tyres?

of course robbers/thievies are not stupid.
if they c a bag with those words, frankly do u think they would steal a plain bag over 1 which might hv expensive stuffs inside?
it may not be happening in SNG, but it definitely happen in else where in the world.

also, i'm not the only person with this logic.

it plays to be safe than cry like a baby later

Sorry if I sound too harsh previously, but me still dont mind to carry a bag with Brand name on it. And am not so worry of it being targeted by thief/robeber. :)

honestly, they are more prone to looking out for those canon and nikon bags,

esp the free bags canon gives with the cam,(red canon wording)

if i carry a thinktank urban disguise, it looks more like a sling bag/briefcase, which will be less likely to catch attention as compared to the former...

that's why thinktank created the urban disguise for a reason, right?

newbie thief maybe...but season pro thief might know whats inside what bag...as many here do know other brand/model of bag that can house our thousands dollar gear.

Some how I find it abit ...dont know how to say...but IF i were to steal, I would chose those branded bag/model that photographer use to put their gear rather than a free gift bag with N or C brand on it. Cause if you can/willing to spend extra few hundred dollars for the bag, your gear should be more expensive than the on in the free gift bag...

Just my POV...that why I dont really care whether there is brand name on it or not. the function is more critical to me than the ability to detour the thief

howcome this thread becomes on which bag to steal? hahaha anyway guys, no need to start flaming... It's good to give each other some warnings, rather than be sorry later & i am thankful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.