Camera Bag Straps!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuthuCurry

Aug 2, 2005
i heard from someone tt there is some kind of special camera bag straps which made of some kind of fiber, which can effectively reduce the weight of the whole bag for approx 20% while the user carrys the bag..

is this true? and where can i find this ?

But other CSers have also highly recommended Eagles Creek's strap.. :)

Ya, MuthuCurry, if it is Neoprene that you are looking for, 'perly' is the person to contact. I just bought a Neoprene camera strap from him. Delivered as promised and the strap is well made, soft and comfortable. Good. But you might want to compare it to OPTECH USA. I wonder what the difference is?? I have never tried OPTECH.

Pacsafe works v well too!!:thumbsup:

Optech for me........neber try the others but since it works won't wanna change it

MuthuCurry said:
i heard from someone tt there is some kind of special camera bag straps which made of some kind of fiber, which can effectively reduce the weight of the whole bag for approx 20% while the user carrys the bag..

is this true? and where can i find this ?

I like this product.

Start with a 10kg bag and use this strap, it becomes 8kg.
Add a 2nd strap, the bag becomes 6.4kg... continue to add straps until it reaches ur desired weight :)

Strap it to my car and save on fuel too ;)

i know the neostrap camera strap from perly.. but does he has the strap for camera "bag" ?

Optech type of straps are pretty good for light bags to medium weight bags like 3-4kg. But when it gets heavier than that, Eagle creek straps really perform well. I gave up using the optech straps when I started using the Stealth Reporter AW500 as the straps were too springy and did not actually took any weight off my shoulders. Eagle creek straps on the other hand, are broader and thicker. I think they are pretty cheap too:thumbsup:

where to buy eagle creek from ar? how much?

got tripod strap or not? im lookin for one for my slik 330dx + 496rc2

Think I saw the eagle creek one from those bag shops in shopping centers. Tried it, it's very board and comfortable. However, it's built for hanging the bag off your shoulder. I didn't buy it because I want to cross sling the bag. Anyone have any recommendation? Seems like only Crumpler's bags are comfortable to cross sling.

FilliniF said:
Think I saw the eagle creek one from those bag shops in shopping centers. Tried it, it's very board and comfortable. However, it's built for hanging the bag off your shoulder. I didn't buy it because I want to cross sling the bag. Anyone have any recommendation? Seems like only Crumpler's bags are comfortable to cross sling.
what is the price range?

I think sports connection and those backpacker shops sells eagle creek straps. Mine is curved, so its meant for cross sling. I tried not crossing it, works just as well. Price should be in the range of $20? Can't remember exactly.

Splutter said:
I think sports connection and those backpacker shops sells eagle creek straps. Mine is curved, so its meant for cross sling. I tried not crossing it, works just as well. Price should be in the range of $20? Can't remember exactly.

Thanks for the info. THink I'll go check it out also.

I used to have the Eagle Cree strap for my stealth reporter 400.

reporter400aw.jpg

After using the original Lowepro straps, I junked them into my cupboard after 1 week of use and bought Eagle Creek straps instead. Now I have 2 Eagle Creek straps and use them on all my sling bags (camera, sports, sch bags)

can check out any large departmental stores luggage section. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.