Camera Bag Recommendations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin74

Can anyone recommend a small / nicely fit bag for a Nikon D70 + Kit lense + Maybe a 50mm prime.

which way is best to put your camera? face down, face up, sideways, Lens detached/attached.

do you need to put silica gel in a camera bag... or is it redundant since its open-aired.

how much padding is needed.

nospam@edwin74@yahoo.com

for just these things, i would use a lowepro nova 2. it will hold the above mentioned as well as a flash. it would also hold something larger than the 50mm in its place. the camera would be placed lens down...

however, consider the fact that you might be getting more equipment and plan for the future before jumping in.

www.lowepro.com
check out this site and you will see many bags some of which will fit your needs. Cathay photo sells these bags and you can go there to look for tha bag you like on the website.

you dont have to put silica gel in it... but keep the camera in a electric dry cabinet when not in use.

I just bought this bag on 1st of May 04. I found it under usage as I dun have much stuff to put in. I bought a Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini already. Anyone interested in the Sideline Shooter? I bought it at $53 @ BestCam Penisula Plaza as my friend work there. I willing to sell it at $50. If anyone interested pls drop me an email: garytanbw@pacific.net.sg . If you are really interested, price in negotiatable.

Check this link for details: http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/sideline.htm

also the bag depends on where u are going... if for normal shooting and nothing too straineous i suggest a lowerpro or equivalent shoulder bag. If u go on many trekking trips through mountains and jungles like i do, i recommend a backpack but since so little stuff in there its really up to u... one word of advice tho, spend liberally on a good bag and not some cheapo one at carrefour or NTUC, u don't want to drop that expensive camera and equipement of urs and destroy it becuz of a cheap bag...

nickmak said:
also the bag depends on where u are going... if for normal shooting and nothing too straineous i suggest a lowerpro or equivalent shoulder bag. If u go on many trekking trips through mountains and jungles like i do, i recommend a backpack but since so little stuff in there its really up to u... one word of advice tho, spend liberally on a good bag and not some cheapo one at carrefour or NTUC, u don't want to drop that expensive camera and equipement of urs and destroy it becuz of a cheap bag...

OT: mate, what tripod do u use?

Diablo said:
OT: mate, what tripod do u use?
tripod? i use a Slik U9000... i rarely use the tripod so its only stuck to my camera bag usually... i feel handheld taking has much more freedom... tripod only for my sunrise or sunset pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.