Camera Bag recommendation please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabako

Nov 25, 2005
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking this here, but I am very new to this.

I'm looking for a bag for my A300, misc stuffs like filters, batteries, CF card, blower, maybe 2-3 lens. My free sony alpha bag is a bit fugly to bring out, seriously look like tourist.

Budget is around 100-200. Would prefer bag pack or waist pouch with easy access to DSLR, then can whip out faster. If die die dun have, then will consider sling bag.

Any models to recommend? No need to be too branded. Saw Nat Geo bags the other day but more than $200.

Errr tamrac har? What model fits my criteria har? Especially price.

Ok I went and saw already, I dun really like the sling bag. Got any other recommendations?

Last edited:
I would consider a Think Tank Streetwalker. But ultimately it would be best to go to a shop and touch them yourself. Play around and see which ones you like.

I guess it shd be the tarmac adventure series, or u can try out kata 3in1 series.

Just make a trip down to Cathay or TK Foto, there're lots of bags there for you to choose. Difficult to tell you which to buy cos what I like you may not like.

The think Tank Streetwalker looks good and fits my budget. Just saw the price from TK foto. Does Cathay sell Think Tank?

TK photo, Orient Photo, john 3:16 carries Thinktank items.

sadly 3n1s can no longer be found first hand...

for me...i'd recommend the Nat Geo Walkabout Medium Rucksack..

sadly 3n1s can no longer be found first hand...

for me...i'd recommend the Nat Geo Walkabout Medium Rucksack..
But its more than $200 if I remember correctly.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bag for my A300, misc stuffs like filters, batteries, CF card, blower, maybe 2-3 lens. My free sony alpha bag is a bit fugly to bring out, seriously look like tourist.

Budget is around 100-200. Would prefer bag pack or waist pouch with easy access to DSLR, then can whip out faster. If die die dun have, then will consider sling bag.

Any models to recommend? No need to be too branded. Saw Nat Geo bags the other day but more than $200.

The think Tank Streetwalker looks good and fits my budget. Just saw the price from TK foto. Does Cathay sell Think Tank?

hie tabako..
i recently bought myself the thinkTANK Streetwalker hard drive where u can put a 15inch laptop from TK which cost me $230+
good bag and very comfortable.
brought few of my equipments i put inside to test is:
- laptop
- camera with batt grip
- 3 lens 70-200mm, 18-200mm, 50mm
- flash with lightsphere
- tripod
- filters
- spare camera batt, 8 AA size batt
- chargers (camera, laptop), cables

i think u knw that you can change around with the layout inside.
gd luck with yr choices.
cheers!

hey guys,
sorry abit OT here. but when i saw those pictures of the camera bag, the camera is actually placed "len down".

i am wondering placing the camera in this matter, will cause any problem? cause the weight of the camera is all on the lens.

Hi guys,

Ever heard of Bagman?saw one on the recent IT show and sells less than $100 bucks for the backpack which includes the insert.looks comfy too .. Just my thought since u are on a budget.:)

to ts:

maybe can take a look at the lowepro flipside...quite a gd looking bag...and fits most if not all of your criteria...also have an option of carrying a tripod...cost about 135+...still within your budget..;)

hey guys,
sorry abit OT here. but when i saw those pictures of the camera bag, the camera is actually placed "len down".

i am wondering placing the camera in this matter, will cause any problem? cause the weight of the camera is all on the lens.

ehh....dun think so...the mount of the lens is quite strong...and the bag also got provide support to the body when you placed it lens down..so no worries bah...:)

how bout the explorer?

The Nat Geo explorer? How much is it? Looks good too. But I thought they are more than $200 too right?

Ever heard of Bagman?saw one on the recent IT show and sells less than $100 bucks for the backpack which includes the insert.looks comfy too .. Just my thought since u are on a budget.:)

I saw bagman just now, cannot carry tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.