Camera Bag recommendation please

Status
Not open for further replies.
to ts:

maybe can take a look at the lowepro flipside...quite a gd looking bag...and fits most if not all of your criteria...also have an option of carrying a tripod...cost about 135+...still within your budget..;)

ehh....dun think so...the mount of the lens is quite strong...and the bag also got provide support to the body when you placed it lens down..so no worries bah...:)
Flipside is good, but $15 more, Primus Minimus has a rain cover.

most camera bags by itself no....so improvise.

took about $5 to improvise a tripod mount for my targus which isnt exactly a camera bag to begin with but surprisingly works pretty well. One thing for sure, its damn more comfortable and a whole lot more cheaper.

Anyone know the price for National Geographic Backpack?

Anyone know the price for National Geographic Backpack?
check with Amazon as local prices are very negotiable depending on the shop.

check with Amazon as local prices are very negotiable depending on the shop.
I called them up and checked

Small is 168 at orient, 160 at cathay, 160 at MScolor
Medium is 198 orient, 200 mscolor and cathay no stock.

So I am considering the small, is it enough for DSLR and 2-3 lens? 1 18-70mm sony kit lens, 1 beercan, 1 wide angle. And also carrying one compact tripod.

maybe you could consider the 'SBO' style. lowepro harness series..
:bsmilie:

maybe you could consider the 'SBO' style. lowepro harness series..
:bsmilie:
That one beach road got sell. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Is domke bags very good? Their prices seems so expensive. Went Cathay Photo and found out the price is so expensive. I wonder how good are they.

I called them up and checked

Small is 168 at orient, 160 at cathay, 160 at MScolor
Medium is 198 orient, 200 mscolor and cathay no stock.

So I am considering the small, is it enough for DSLR and 2-3 lens? 1 18-70mm sony kit lens, 1 beercan, 1 wide angle. And also carrying one compact tripod.

u go there...u try first..see the bag..when i went to orient to get my walkabout..i opened everything up just to see what it can fit.....

Went Cathay @ Peninsula today.

In the end bought a cheap cheap off trail 1, since I only have kit lens now. GF dun let me buy backpack, say I don't need it now.

$42 with free water bottle, the key chain no more stocks, so no free key chain.

Is domke bags very good? Their prices seems so expensive. Went Cathay Photo and found out the price is so expensive. I wonder how good are they.
The idea is that they can last very very long + have water resistant coating...but thing is that is the nature of canvas bags. You could go get the army "china" bag or the combat medic bag + couple of inserts for your kit and it would be around the same endurance. You can also go for several times cheaper safrotto at TCW which is some say the domke clone.

Went Cathay @ Peninsula today.

In the end bought a cheap cheap off trail 1, since I only have kit lens now. GF dun let me buy backpack, say I don't need it now.

$42 with free water bottle, the key chain no more stocks, so no free key chain.

Good that you when in and tried yourself. Btw, my Off Trail 1 smothers my D90 with 18~105 a bit, but still it's a extremely convenient bag. So, try out your gear in the bag asap and see whether it suits you. In case if it's small, you should be able to return and get a different model provided the tags are still on. GF did a good thing by preventing you from a unnecessary expense, however, Bag and Tripod are 2 things that will remain even when we change other gear. It's better to invest on them once and for all, so your're not stuck with something disappointing.

Bit Off topic:
You're lucky. When I purchased my Off Trail 1 about 2 months back, I was told the water bottle was given only with the Off Trail 2 or above. The sales gentleman was nice and checked also with the manager only to come to the above conclusion. Water bottle is nothing much but I was a bit surprised when this was clearly mentioned in their own web page and even after mentioning this they still refused. Maybe Cathay Marina wasn't pulling wool over my eyes, but a reputed shop like them should be careful on such missteps because as it's happening know, word travels... :)

Last edited:
get a billingham..u'll not regret it... have been switching bags previously (lowepro, domke, tamrac etc) until i got my billingham packington sometime back.. have been sticking to it since!

I saw bagman just now, cannot carry tripod.

I'm using Bagman too, and my tripod fits well on the side. The one thing i like is that you can remove the camera "pouch" (not sure what to call that :embrass:) from the bag and will just turn into a normal bag that i use when i go to office. Now if I want to carry the cam with me, I'll just slide the "pouch" back to the bag and violah...a camera bag again. it's also a laptop bag, fits 15-incher.

i forgot the shop where i brought it (near funan), but its only 95sgd :)

hth

Just saw this post... so what did you go with finally???

Personally... I would recommend the Think Tank Rotation 360.. i know.. i know... its ex.. but its all worth it....
1) Good design.
2) Camoflaged(doesnt look like a camera bag)
3) You can take you camera out without having to put the bag down...
4) You dont feel the weight when you wear the bag....

I would suggest anyone who wants to get it or any think tank bag to head on down to TK Foto or Orient Photo... they have the bags there so you can try the bags first.... highly recommend TK...

wow this is very old thread almost one year ago.

I sold my offtrail already since its too small for me.

I bought a crumpler western lawn bucket and put inside my existing bagman messenger bag right now.

Looking to buy a backpack soon. But the one I want not sold in Singapore. :( So waiting for friends to go Europe and help me buy crumpler Europe design. The pony Box.

hi bro.. anyone here can recommend me camera shops which i can try out camera bags and which shops carries a wide varieties of choices and brands? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.