Camera Bag Flipside 400AW

JohnMak

Jun 11, 2009
Vietnam
Can any forummers share their opinion/experience with the Lowepro Flipside 400 Aw back pack camera bag please?

I need to buy a bag to hold my Nikon D300s, 18-200mm lense, Sigma 10 -20mm WA lens, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 lens SB800 flash and a soon to purchase Macro lens - probably Nikkor 105mm.

I was keen onh a Slingshot but a friend has told me they can get pretty heavy on one shoulder if carrying all day.

Also, any good supplier for Lowepro bags please. I live in Vietnam and have a friend who travels back and forth every fortnight and he is kind enough to collect stuff for me.

Many thanks in advance.

It will be packed when you add in everything that you have now. If you get a N105 probably you need a LC2. You you travel and bring along all your gears i suggest getting bigger bag.

Hi Donny,
Thanks for the tip.
I'm living in Vung Tau, Vietnam - no camera shops here so I can't try before I buy. I just look at internet reviews and get me friend to buy for me from Singapore.

Donny what is the LC2 you suggest?

Hi, I have this bag and I'm very happy with it. It's lightweight, so it'll not add too much to your heavy camera gear. Generally well padded and good quality from Lowepro as usual.

If this bag is as big as the Computrekker, it'll easily fit everything you mentioned. Though I do encourage you to top up for the Thinktank Streetwalker Pro :thumbsup:

Hi Cartman2000,
I did a search on the Think Tank Streetwalker pro and discovered there are all manner of bags out there Kata, and Tamrac. It gets more confusing the more one looks.

I was thinking the swivel around system of the Flipside to access your camera without having to take the bag off would be a major asset but not many users seem to rate this as very useful?

As a newbie I am surprised.

I was thinking the swivel around system of the Flipside to access your camera without having to take the bag off would be a major asset but not many users seem to rate this as very useful?

I was about to ask you initially if you mean Fastpack instead of Flipside (access from the back of the bag actually), until i watched the video below.

Fastpack Video

Flipside 400 AW Video

Seems like Flipside allows access to your gears at the back of your bag by making use of the waist belt as well.

I didn't know that... :bsmilie:

But still Fastpack seems easier to access to me.