Camera Backpacks?Any recommendations

Sgdevilzz said:
I got the streetwalker pro. Very comfortable, lots of space and compartments and feels light when your equipments are heavy. Water proof threading and raincoat as well. Got tripod holder. It's almost like an all in one except a laptop compartment which the Streetwalker harddrive has. I feel like switching now..

Another thing missing is that it cannot act as a day pack. A little difficult to fit in an extra shirt and some other things.

Another thing missing is that it cannot act as a day pack. A little difficult to fit in an extra shirt and some other things.

if you know how to, it's possible.

too bad, they don't have anything in-between the HD and Pro.

if you know how to, it's possible.

too bad, they don't have anything in-between the HD and Pro.

What I do now is fold it the shirt flat and place it on top of the dividers but yea, it would be nice to have something in between pro and HD.

What I do now is fold it the shirt flat and place it on top of the dividers but yea, it would be nice to have something in between pro and HD.

:bsmilie: if you saw how i cram stuff into my Billingham, you'll be shocked at what i can fit in there

AtomClassic said:
hi,i m a newbie,thinking of getting a backpack for my cameras,lens,etc.

currently owning a MK2 and two lens and nd to attach a tripod to the bag too for travel

any recommendations from bros here>

Hi. Depends on what you want to shoot. If landscapes then can explore the natgeo (national geographic) ones. I'm using the w 5070 as it can also slot in a laptop. You didn't mention what 2 lens you have buy I reckon this bag can fit those and more. Can also got a tripod at the side pocket but only if it's smaller ones. I use to own a manfrotto 190db and it can't go in.

If you're however going to shoot street then I recommend a sling like the billingham small or pro. Allows you to draw, shoot and holster again. Also doesn't make you stand out in the crowd.

You can check out Thinktank streetwalker pro.

So many streetwalker pro recommendation. Bought and sold it, then bought it again. Now using as day bag, carrying books and laptop, so comfortable compare to my laptop backpack.

If you're however going to shoot street then I recommend a sling like the billingham small or pro. Allows you to draw, shoot and holster again. Also doesn't make you stand out in the crowd.

for the Hadley Pro or Small, you won't be able to fit a 5Dmk2 inside with lens mounted. TS needs a bag for a tripod and other stuff. the Hadley is great but perhaps not right now for TS' consideration

Hi,currently i have canon 16-35mm Mk2 and sigma 50mm 1.4,planning to buy 24mm or 35mm and a tripod soon

Hi. Depends on what you want to shoot. If landscapes then can explore the natgeo (national geographic) ones. I'm using the w 5070 as it can also slot in a laptop. You didn't mention what 2 lens you have buy I reckon this bag can fit those and more. Can also got a tripod at the side pocket but only if it's smaller ones. I use to own a manfrotto 190db and it can't go in.

spree86 said:

You can't put water bottle on that bag........

What about Vanguard Uprise??

to me, i feel that the uprise is a pretty tight fit even with my A850 and 2 lenses. even the largest, though there's another compartment to store your miscellaneous stuff, it's not enough.

especially if you're the type to bring a bottle around.

as for the Streetwalker Pro, yes you can put a water bottle. the little side pouch can store one. in fact, i use this Nalgene water bottle. 750ML and it can go right into the side pouch on my Harddrive. so it shouldn't be the case for the Pro

N-Gen-2.jpg

I put a slim water bottle at the side pouch of my streetwalker pro too, with the zip all zipped up.

Am i the only one who put water bottle and canned drinks in the lens compartment? Lol.

Does anyone have any experience with Benro backpacks? I'm currently looking for a backpack and it's a tossup between the Benro Reebok, Kata 466i or Tamrac Aero 85.

Reviews on opinions on the last 2 can be found easily but not the Benro one.

Does anyone have any experience with Benro backpacks? I'm currently looking for a backpack and it's a tossup between the Benro Reebok, Kata 466i or Tamrac Aero 85.

Reviews on opinions on the last 2 can be found easily but not the Benro one.

i have checked the Benro backpacks, it is well padded but not tested much outdoors, only few using it i believe.
i almost bought it but still purchased the streetwalker HD....

Lowepro FastPack 250 - 3 weeks trip to Europe with Laptop, 7D, 3 lenses, Gorillapod + accessories. Small top compartment doubled as daypack storage for passport, raincoat/windbreaker, gloves, Lonely Planet, snacks.
Compact + totally comfortable, not to mention fits under airplane seat as carry-on luggage.
I might go for the Fastpack 350 next - more storage space never hurt anyone! :)

Any carrying pouch just nice for a 5D and lens mounted? went to recee no luck. just need a small one that fit nicely.

Just get a think tank holster.