Camera Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yipee

Would like to know what you think of using a backpack for your gears. What features should a good backpack have?

I am prepared for the inconvenience of not having immediate access to the gears but I prefer the option of having 2 hands free.

I am basically looking for one to carry the following (yeah, I know, high chance of breaking my back but this is a worst-off case ) -
1. 1 x SLR body with motordrive;
2. 3 lens - prime/zoom mix;
3. assortments of filters, cables, etc;
4. tripod/pan head
5. some makan & drinks, if possible;
6. some change of clothings, if possible (extended trips 2 to 3 days); and
7. some reading materials, again, if possible.

How much should I expect to spend and how much will a second-hand backpack cost?

All comments appreciated.

BTW - Anyone has a spare one to sell? ;) ;p

Originally posted by Yipee
Would like to know what you think of using a backpack for your gears. What features should a good backpack have?

I am prepared for the inconvenience of not having immediate access to the gears but I prefer the option of having 2 hands free.

I am basically looking for one to carry the following (yeah, I know, high chance of breaking my back but this is a worst-off case ) -
1. 1 x SLR body with motordrive;
2. 3 lens - prime/zoom mix;
3. assortments of filters, cables, etc;
4. tripod/pan head
5. some makan & drinks, if possible;
6. some change of clothings, if possible (extended trips 2 to 3 days); and
7. some reading materials, again, if possible.

How much should I expect to spend and how much will a second-hand backpack cost?

All comments appreciated.

BTW - Anyone has a spare one to sell? ;) ;p

Hhhmmmm that sound like a job for.......

Err... AG.. what your backback again?
hehhehheheh

All that stuff would fit neatly into a S&F Rover Light. I have one for sale, although it's been reserved by someone already. If you're still interested, can pm me, i'll stick you in the queue.

hello,
paiseh... ...
just noticed the thread started by Elutris recently on same topic. Have noted pointers mentioned.

Thanks to those who responded. So, now, I am looking for something along the line of the backpack mentioned by Adam - Photo Trekker AW or something like that.

Any available? Please pm me.

:cool:

Originally posted by Yipee
hello,
paiseh... ...
just noticed the thread started by Elutris recently on same topic. Have noted pointers mentioned.

Thanks to those who responded. So, now, I am looking for something along the line of the backpack mentioned by Adam - Photo Trekker AW or something like that.

Any available? Please pm me.

:cool:
Adam's photo Trekker AW is a very huge bag, enough to put in all those things you mention. if you are interested to know what it look like, you might want to check out lowepro website. http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekaw.htm

I 2nd the Lowepro Rower too. I have the Rower AW (not light), and I find it very nice bag to carry around/travelling. If you need more lens to be packed, you can always add on the Lens case provided by Lowepro. The Rower is the S&F series, which means you can attach many accessories to it.

I don't think the Rover Light's top compartment can hold all that stuff... change of clothings for 2-3 days would have fill it up... No room for makan and stuff... That's what I think lah.... hee hee...

Originally posted by Flare
I don't think the Rover Light's top compartment can hold all that stuff... change of clothings for 2-3 days would have fill it up... No room for makan and stuff... That's what I think lah.... hee hee...

Depends I suppose on what you pack for 2-3 days clothing. My guess is if you go disposable all the way i.e. throw away used batteries, food stuffs, drinks, undies!!, etc etc. Should be able to stuff all in just nicely.

Can get 1-2 extra belt accessories to help spread the load out too. Lens cases don't have to only hold lenses ;-)

thanks for all the responses.

I will pop into CP today to check out the Rover Light, the Photo Trekker as well as the Stealth. I am definitely keen to acquire a sizeable backpack.

Adam - not able to PM you as your inbox is full. Appreciate if you can PM me your expectation (price).

Cheers

Sorry to borrow this thread, but does anyone know how much does the LowePro Trekker beltpack Orion cost?

OR_2.gif

I think it should be around $50.

Just FYI:
E-Quote from CP on 27 March 2002
1) Orion Mini @ S$32.00
2) D-Res Beltpack AW @ S$33.00
3) Photo Runner @ S$51.00

Originally posted by Prime
I think it should be around $50.

Just FYI:
E-Quote from CP on 27 March 2002
1) Orion Mini @ S$32.00
2) D-Res Beltpack AW @ S$33.00
3) Photo Runner @ S$51.00

Hmm... I didn't see any of these @ AP...
Maybe I tomorrow pop by CP :D

Thread moved to Consumers Corner for everyone's benefit. Only post in Buy and Sell if you are looking for specific stuff to buy or if you have specific stuff to sell. Thanks. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.