Camera Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisjizeng

Aug 10, 2006
Upper Bukit Timah
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting camera armour for my dslr. Does anyone here have any experience on this? Or any comments? :)

From what i hear, it offers pretty good protection for the body, but tends to attract dust if left unused.

Webbie's here: http://www.cameraarmor.us/

Thanks all! :)

Regards,
Jizeng

Actually i'm interested too, but can't find locally.

CP used to be the distributor, but now no more.

hmm.. other reviews online seem pretty good.
only qualm is the dust part. hmmm..

maybe one of us shld do an MO on this. haha :p

hmm.. other reviews online seem pretty good.
only qualm is the dust part. hmmm..

maybe one of us shld do an MO on this. haha :p
Not sure why you are so bother by the dust (actually should be dirt and particles that sticks to the silicone).

All you need to do is wash it with soap and water and air dry it and it will be as good as new.

As for protection, I felt you will still have problem depends on how the camera landed. It will definitely soften the blow to the camera body with the armor but I feel that the protection to the lens is not very good. The Lens armor will not fit the large diameter lenses - I have a Canon EFS-17-55 with 77mm lens diameter. so your expensive fast lenses will be out of luck if it fell head first.

The armor looks pretty cool, but I wonder is it really that effective? The ultimate protection is from our own careful handling while shooting, when the body dropps, I doubt the armor will do any good...

I think the armor is used to protect the camera from nicks and scratches more than protect it from a 1m fall.

yup, that's what i read from online reviews as well.
it's more to protect the camera from bumps and scratches, not really for a major fall.

hmm.. it does give the camera better grip tho. i'll see how..

anyone interested in an MO? :) i can do.

IMHO, it is waste money only.

Adds to un-neccessary bulk, and how often are you going to remove the armour, wash it in water, allow it to dry, and re-mount it again? All that trouble, and it can't protect it from impact?

Just be more careful with your DSLR, can already. If you're in a situation where your camera is constantly subjected to such mechanical abuse, you might want to consider the more robust bodies like the Canon EOS1D.

I think the armor is used to protect the camera from nicks and scratches more than protect it from a 1m fall.

If that's the case, then gaffering the body is a much cheaper option.

hmm.. that's true. maybe i shld jus invest in a really good gaffer tape.
i'll consider.

thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.