camera and lens in car boot

zzyzx

Aug 25, 2007
i always left my camera + lens in my camer bag which i left in my car boot and park under the sun during office hour. after i reach home at night, i transfer them into my dry cabinet.

does any bro here foresee any problem with this practise? more of worry on the fungus growth thingy.

Thanks..

i always left my camera + lens in my camer bag which i left in my car boot and park under the sun during office hour. after i reach home at night, i transfer them into my dry cabinet.

does any bro here foresee any problem with this practise? more of worry on the fungus growth thingy.

Thanks..

Considering that you don't leave them there for months on end, fungus is not a worry. I would be more worried about the health of your memory card due to the heat. ;)

Thanks..

i will be more worried about the batteries instead if i were u since u kept parking the car under hot sun constantly.

The main problem is not fungus growth. Grease/oil hardening, plastic warps and lens separation will be the main concern here. The set is getting something like a hot-cold treatment....

hi guys thanks for the reply. most of the time the camera is only warm to touch. not really park under the scorching hot sun but just beside my office building and only some days it gets really hot.

i guess the best is to bring the whole bag with me to office. :)

youre one evil owner like me,
mistreat your camera..haha

i do that sometimes too... but not regularly.
sometimes, after a shoot, i leave the camera in the boot for a couple days.
i try not to do that too.

buy a coleman box and place inside =p

insulate from direct heat

hi guys thanks for the reply. most of the time the camera is only warm to touch. not really park under the scorching hot sun but just beside my office building and only some days it gets really hot.

i guess the best is to bring the whole bag with me to office. :)

If your office sitting place is easily access by others/stranger, beware the whole bag may disappear... if possible under lock cupboard...

the rubble skin of your camera, lens will become very sticky, replacing the rubble on the camera cost not that much, but lenses will be much more, as some may have to dismantle the lenses and replacing the rubble

even if i put my bag on my desk i think nobody will dare to touch also. cctv pointing at all angles. haha..

anyway from tomorrow onwards will bring to office. thanks guys!!

Grease/oil seperation and lens seperation are the risks.
Hope you don't do this often

ayuready said:
buy a coleman box and place inside =p

insulate from direct heat

Ditto. That's what I have in my boot as well. In a car, I will be more concerned about the temperature than fungus. I also have a pocket hygrometer and silica gel stashed inside it just to be sure.