Camedia 7070 Image Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancy

Dec 16, 2003
Northern Singapore
Visit site
Dear OlyFolks,

I have hastened my Camedia 7070 review. It's a partial for now. I've been VERY busy at work. There're samples unposted & samples to be taken :) More text on handling & build quality to come (?). For what's worth, here're the shots for posters requesting for ISO performance.

I don't claim these to be definitive of the capabilities of the C7070. All shots were taken from a monopod, in manual & RAW (did I say it works with RAW converters from the E-System :) (yes, I've been lugging a monopod to work everyday !). Please thank my wife for her patience and don't draw any conclusions for better or worse just yet. Generally, RAW image quality is very good.

All images resized to 800x600 from original, due to extremely tight web storage space, a similar sized 1:1 crop for the pixel peepers.

Daytime: ISO80
C7070DayShipISO80.jpg

1:1 crop from original
C7070DayShipISO80Actual.jpg

Nite: ISO400
Oops: Uncropped image unavailable as I've reached the limit of the web storage quota. Takes 3 days to increase the quota. :)

C7070NiteShipISO400Crop.jpg

Hi Chancy, as I am considering getting a C7070WZ at the moment, wondering if you can give a quick appraisal of the camera's shutter lag and shot-to-shot performance in comparison with the C5050Z & C5060WZ.

Actual timings as shown by reviews tend to be misleading and I feel that what is important is the actual performance as 'felt' by the photog.

Also, have the AF performance and accuracy improved in low light?

TIA for any comments. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.