Cambodia/Angkor Wat

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsuf

Dec 6, 2004
Hi. I'm visiting Siem Reap/Angkor Wat next week. Has anyone been there and have any tips on good places to go (other than the main Angkor Wat itself :)) for great photo opportunities/food/shopping?

Thanks all.

Hsuf

floating village...a must to visit.
shopping around new and old market.

hsuf said:
Hi. I'm visiting Siem Reap/Angkor Wat next week. Has anyone been there and have any tips on good places to go (other than the main Angkor Wat itself :)) for great photo opportunities/food/shopping?

Thanks all.

Hsuf

Well, there isn't much to shop for, except if you want some cheesy trinkets but photo opportunities are all over the place.

Bring small denominations of US dollars.

Angkor Wat is the most famous of the temples but it isn't the only temple. Head over to the main temple complex and you'll be amazed by the sights.

:)

Enjoy your trip. :)

Wanted to thank you guys for your tips. I just got back from Siem Reap and had a blast of a time!

Wong-Se: The trip to Tonle Sap was eye-opening, and bone jarring - my mobile was jolted right out of my pocket and the tuk tuk onto the road somewhere and never seen again.

Wolfgang: You're right, the temples were absolutely amazing, altho' my personal fave was Ta Prohm, where the jungle hasn't been cleared yet.

Thanks again.
Hsuf

Status
Not open for further replies.