Cam recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBern

Nov 26, 2008
Bishan
jaybern.blogspot.com
I'm hoping to get myself a DSLR by this xmas. Was just wondering what kind of DSLR would you recommend for a beginner? Should I be worrying about getting a cam suitable for my standard or just grab any that appears and I can affort?

My budget would be below 1000SGD. Please enlighten me!

coming 27-30nov go expo IT show see around maybe you will get one as for you budget:bsmilie:

Below 1000SGD,

I guess you can try B&S sector, you might get good deals from there too =)

Even 1000D and 450D entry level SLR is slight more than 1K SGD I think

:dunno:

I'm hoping to get myself a DSLR by this xmas. Was just wondering what kind of DSLR would you recommend for a beginner? Should I be worrying about getting a cam suitable for my standard or just grab any that appears and I can affort?

Below 1k is quite tight. How do you see your commitment will influence increasing budget by $300-500? Otherwise, go for 2nd hand body and lens. Before you buy, decide what you want to shoot.

Think you can get Canon 1000D with a budget below 1000 bucks. Try Cathay Photo. ;)

Go to IT shows and try out the camera. See which camera you like and go to shop like eg. Cathay Photo or any other well-known shops to buy your camera. You may also consider investing on a Dry-cabients too.

Sony A200 lor....for me its the most economical fone with good features...heh...can get for less than 1000

Perhaps you can check out this link as an example of a budget DSLR for a beginner. It's totally capable and well within your budget, so that leaves you extra $$ for dry cabinet or flash or additional lens.
For beginner, it's not usually advisable to get a brand new set if your budget is limited. If you decide to pursue your hobby further, you'll want to upgrade, and you'll lose a lot when selling the cam. If you buy a 2yr old cam and then sell it off after a year, you might only lose $150 of its value. Compare that with buying a new entry-level DSLR and then selling it off a year later for a $300 or $400 loss...

Several threads EXACTLY like this one already. Please try a search.

$1000 for the whole system or just camera?

If system including drybox, memory cards, batteries, flash then will be tight but out of warranty 2nd hand cameras like 350D should fit or 400D if can top up.

Camera only then feel free to pick from all the brands.

start with the cheapest dSLR, learn the basic fundamentals, have fun, then u can progress to the more ex cameras. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.