Calling Starhub dial upers !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
starhub free dial up wont be free after all, they are imposting a toll charge of $0.02 per min ...

I just wanna know tat if any one sign up for Starhub Infinity Plan? Do i still have to pay for Singtel fixed line, beside paying for $15.60 per month for Starhub Infinity Plan????? :dunno:

wah...since when?

i am using starhub dial up now...may be swich back to singtel

btw, $0.02 is on top of the phone bill?

haiz ... starhub stupid sia ...

i just wanan know Infinity Plan will still include Singtel fixed line charges or not lehz ...

i called them thrice, emailed them twice, but no respond from them !! and there's so many hotline on the starhub web tat i dun even know which to call ... :cry:

West_ray said:
haiz ... starhub stupid sia ...

i just wanan know Infinity Plan will still include Singtel fixed line charges or not lehz ...

i called them thrice, emailed them twice, but no respond from them !! and there's so many hotline on the starhub web tat i dun even know which to call ... :cry:

Will definitely incur.
AFAIK, there's no more toll-free dial up at all already.

wat makes me angry is not tat they wanna charge xtra, but is their cust services ..... :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

finally reached them via phone .... infinity plan will also include fixed line cost .... sianz ........ :cry:

West_ray said:
finally reached them via phone .... infinity plan will also include fixed line cost .... sianz ........ :cry:

Why still on dial-up?
Might as well use Jetpack.
It's volume based, so if you are surfing sites and stuff, it should be able to last you for quite a bit...

oh tat plan ar ... if i'm not wrong my laptop doesnt meet the requirement coz of wat chip ... no choice lah ... from 1st Sept onwards can only come online for a while only lioa .. .

West_ray said:
oh tat plan ar ... if i'm not wrong my laptop doesnt meet the requirement coz of wat chip ... no choice lah ... from 1st Sept onwards can only come online for a while only lioa .. .

The requirement given by Singtel is that your PC/notebook must be of Intel chipset is due to some complains by customers whose PC has problems detecting the USB ADSL Modem that is bundled with the JetPack as a result, singtel has asked them to pay $$$ to get a Ethernet ADSL modem from them.
(I asked one of the Singtel customer service officers, why my friend need to declare the chipset when he fill in the form and the above reply was what she gave)

I think that is bull shit, I think the failure to detect the USB ADSL modem does not happen on ALL NON-INTEL chipset, maybe only certain SIS or ALI or VIA chipset.

I am sure that there are some non-intel chipset users out there using USB ADSL modem.

IF Cannot detect, getting a Intel chipset based PCI USB card will work around it, since if the device cannot be recongised by the non-intel USB Root Hub, that get a separate USB PCI Card.

Only below $50 for USB 2.0 ones.

Besides EVEN if you have to DIE DIE use a Ethernet ADSL modem, A PROLINK ADSL ETHERNET MODEM is available for like $99 (last seen price abt 1-2 weeks ago) in SLS, and Singtel charge you more than that.

I will rather get the JetPack from them (declare your PC as Intel chipset), buy my own ADSL Ethernet modem and sell the free USB ADSL modem that it came with.

Winston said:
The requirement given by Singtel is that your PC/notebook must be of Intel chipset is due to some complains by customers whose PC has problems detecting the USB ADSL Modem that is bundled with the JetPack as a result, singtel has asked them to pay $$$ to get a Ethernet ADSL modem from them.
(I asked one of the Singtel customer service officers, why my friend need to declare the chipset when he fill in the form and the above reply was what she gave)

I think that is bull shit, I think the failure to detect the USB ADSL modem does not happen on ALL NON-INTEL chipset, maybe only certain SIS or ALI or VIA chipset.

I am sure that there are some non-intel chipset users out there using USB ADSL modem.

IF Cannot detect, getting a Intel chipset based PCI USB card will work around it, since if the device cannot be recongised by the non-intel USB Root Hub, that get a separate USB PCI Card.

Only below $50 for USB 2.0 ones.

Besides EVEN if you have to DIE DIE use a Ethernet ADSL modem, A PROLINK ADSL ETHERNET MODEM is available for like $99 (last seen price abt 1-2 weeks ago) in SLS, and Singtel charge you more than that.

I will rather get the JetPack from them (declare your PC as Intel chipset), buy my own ADSL Ethernet modem and sell the free USB ADSL modem that it came with.

orhhh .... wah ... tat free USB ADSL modem can sell how much ??? :think: ... and how much will the ADSL Ethernet modem cost???

West_ray said:
orhhh .... wah ... tat free USB ADSL modem can sell how much ??? :think: ... and how much will the ADSL Ethernet modem cost???

Dunno the latest prices. :dunno:

Most plans usually give away a USB ADSL modem free, but there are some that don't, so may still have a market for this. (Could even be someone looking for one to replace his spoilt USB ADSL modem?)

Can find out the price in SLS and neogiate with the buyer from there.

As for Ethernet ADSL modem, many brands like PROLINK, NetGear, Linksys...etc

Last seen a PROLINK Ethernet ADSL modem going for $99 in SLS. but prices vary from time to time and store to store, so do scout around for a good price.

(JetPack's offer for a USB ADSL modem is already at $99, it claims the U.P is $159)

If you are not required to buy the USB ADSL modem from Singtel, then get the modem yourself, if it is required that you purchase only from Singtel that I think the price of $99 for a USB ADSL modem to be pretty expensive.

There are some models that come with integrated router and 4-port switch, useful if you have more than 1 PC/notebook to hook up to internet at home, but they are usually costlier.

PROLINK Hurriance 9000 is an example. Challenger's promo price is around $170.

by the way, I am not promoting prolink products, though I mention the brand so often.
It's just that it's a cheapo brand and for tight budget people, it's a low cost solution.

Winston said:
Dunno the latest prices. :dunno:

Most plans usually give away a USB ADSL modem free, but there are some that don't, so may still have a market for this. (Could even be someone looking for one to replace his spoilt USB ADSL modem?)

Can find out the price in SLS and neogiate with the buyer from there.

As for Ethernet ADSL modem, many brands like PROLINK, NetGear, Linksys...etc

Last seen a PROLINK Ethernet ADSL modem going for $99 in SLS. but prices vary from time to time and store to store, so do scout around for a good price.

(JetPack's offer for a USB ADSL modem is already at $99, it claims the U.P is $159)

If you are not required to buy the USB ADSL modem from Singtel, then get the modem yourself, if it is required that you purchase only from Singtel that I think the price of $99 for a USB ADSL modem to be pretty expensive.

There are some models that come with integrated router and 4-port switch, useful if you have more than 1 PC/notebook to hook up to internet at home, but they are usually costlier.

PROLINK Hurriance 9000 is an example. Challenger's promo price is around $170.

by the way, I am not promoting prolink products, though I mention the brand so often.
It's just that it's a cheapo brand and for tight budget people, it's a low cost solution.

hmm ... thanks winston ... for providing me this comp idiots for tat lot of info ...

my new house no Maxonline till next year

:mad: :mad: :mad:

look like i am going to subscribe ADSL liao

anyone know how much is a wireless router with 4 ports and build in ADSL modem??

or should i get wireless router and Ethernet ADSL modem separately?

both pacnet and singnet are giving away USB ADSL modem for most plans, better sell it away and get a Ethernet modem outside...cos if u want to "trade-in" your new USB ADSL modem for the Ethernet version, still need to pay $99

as well go sim lim buy a new one....

hmm .. i already signed up for Infitnity plan for 56k dial up ... after considering that i dun really need a fast connection afterall ... and most of my time spend online will be in sch ... since i already paid sch fees, might as well use their cable ... :angel:

West_ray said:
hmm ... thanks winston ... for providing me this comp idiots for tat lot of info ...

Just for your information,
There's no need to get their ADSL modem in order to be eligible for Jetpack.

There's an online URL that allows you to subscribe to Jetpack alone. When they call you up, say that you followed the URL in your Jetpack package to sign up.

Anyway... PM me for the URL.

But to make things safe, buy your ethernet modem once you have received your confirmation letter (with your userid, password and date of activation).

There'll be a one time registration charge of $40 w/o GST, as they need to activate the ADSL signal in your line.
You'll need to get microfilters as well.

SNAG said:
Just for your information,
There's no need to get their ADSL modem in order to be eligible for Jetpack.

There's an online URL that allows you to subscribe to Jetpack alone. When they call you up, say that you followed the URL in your Jetpack package to sign up.

Anyway... PM me for the URL.

But to make things safe, buy your ethernet modem once you have received your confirmation letter (with your userid, password and date of activation).

There'll be a one time registration charge of $40 w/o GST, as they need to activate the ADSL signal in your line.
You'll need to get microfilters as well.

hmm...i tot can get free USB modem when u subscribe?

My Maxonline connection only up end of this year...so i have no choice to get ADSL liao...

Thinking of Singnet or Pacnet....but now seems that no good promotion leh...only free USB modem....btw, which one is faster?

and i want a Ethernet modem to connect to router too....any lobang can PM me?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.