Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
Hi, my fellow clubsnappers,

Was impressed by Billingham bags which i seen in OP (handmade and weather proof), and looking to invest in one, with in mind tat the one i intend to get is one damn gd one which i know tt is gg to last me for yrs. The problem, which one? There seems to be quite a no. of series (Hadley Pro, Packington, 226 etc.. ) A little confused.. As their website does really says much. Love to try out in the shop (OP) but Stanley/Xiao Guo always busy..dunwan disturb their business flow by taking out each different model to try out..Haa.. Wanna approach PK Chan, but dunoe which model to ask him to quote me..haiz..

Which is highly recommended for the below setup? (with assorted accessories like cable release, filters, extra enelops etc..)

Either one (i dun shoot macro and landscape on the same day)

1. Nikon D700+MB-D10, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Nikon 105vr f2.8, SB900, SB-R1

2. Nikon D700+MB-D10, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Nikon 18-35 f3.5-4.5, Nikon 50mm f1.4D, SB900

It will be better if there's a Laptop compartment for a 13 inch.

Any cons or bad experience with its usage for the model that u recom?

Any kind advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thks in adv

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
The billingham 306 can fit your needs but not for the laptop.

If I'm not wrong the 335 may give you extra space but not sure if it's enough for your laptop...

They are all sling/shoulder bags so accessibilty is no problems, once you're used to the clips and buckles.

They come with inserts, so organize them to your needs.

They are very durable, and is definitely gonna last you ages.

you have trouble putting in ur d700 with the grip and lens attached if u get a hadley pro. i have one and its lovely, but only if u arent going to use the grip

if no grip, i believe it should be able to fit in the d700+24-70 on it and slot in straight into the main compartment of the hadley pro...

Hi

I used to have a Hadley but I found it difficult to slip in a gripped DSLR. However, the Hadley series looks sleek and really classy, especially with its inserts removed. It stays really close to the body, thats good for moving through the crowds. Great for a daily commute bag. I kind of miss my hadley. Might just get a new one. :) Can never have enough billinghams.

Cheers

Jeremy

the problem is the smaller bags are not battery grip friendly. and the larger 'real' camera bags are not laptop friendly.

also, the highly anticipated new 07 series is going to be arriving on our shores. to me and many, its an improvement over the 06 series although a small percentage of users prefer the 06 series.

the 206/207 probably fits your needs but without the laptop. goes without saying the 306/307 which is larger will work as well, but these are better used for 2 bodies. 555/550 is even bigger for more gear.

the hadley original/pro/large fits your needs with the laptop, but no go on the battery grip, although you can probably bring it unattached. this could work if you are primarily using the bag as storage from location to location and once you start shooting, the cam is out of the bag.

If you are gonna carry all the mentioned in the sling bag, its gonna get really heavy.

The billingham 306 can fit your needs but not for the laptop.

If I'm not wrong the 335 may give you extra space but not sure if it's enough for your laptop...

They are all sling/shoulder bags so accessibilty is no problems, once you're used to the clips and buckles.

They come with inserts, so organize them to your needs.

They are very durable, and is definitely gonna last you ages.

This are the main reason why one should invest in a solid bag to protect ur gear!

Thanks Bro for ur kind advice!! Will definelty check it out 306 and 335, Guess u cant have the best of both worlds (Unless u give and take)

I got my TT UB 50 nw, which can accomodate my setup 2 with laptop, so perhaps will do with it if there call for a need to bring out my notebook.

Maybe i shd be contented if the biilingham (i getting) can accomodate my shooting gear alone. :)

Btw which ones do u have in ur collection nw?

you have trouble putting in ur d700 with the grip and lens attached if u get a hadley pro. i have one and its lovely, but only if u arent going to use the grip

Thks Bro.

I seriously need to have grip attached to my body at all times :)

Seen hadley pro before, It's a true beauty.. too bad, we are not meant to be...

Hi

I used to have a Hadley but I found it difficult to slip in a gripped DSLR. However, the Hadley series looks sleek and really classy, especially with its inserts removed. It stays really close to the body, thats good for moving through the crowds. Great for a daily commute bag. I kind of miss my hadley. Might just get a new one. :) Can never have enough billinghams.

Cheers

Jeremy

Jeremy, ur words are poison to me..haha.,,stop tempting me with hadley pro man, me and hadley pro are impossible, ill fated sia... i need my grip on always.. :(

But mus admit it's really like wad u said, looks sleek and really classy

thks btw

the problem is the smaller bags are not battery grip friendly. and the larger 'real' camera bags are not laptop friendly.

also, the highly anticipated new 07 series is going to be arriving on our shores. to me and many, its an improvement over the 06 series although a small percentage of users prefer the 06 series.

the 206/207 probably fits your needs but without the laptop. goes without saying the 306/307 which is larger will work as well, but these are better used for 2 bodies. 555/550 is even bigger for more gear.

the hadley original/pro/large fits your needs with the laptop, but no go on the battery grip, although you can probably bring it unattached. this could work if you are primarily using the bag as storage from location to location and once you start shooting, the cam is out of the bag.

Thanks Bro for the detailed recom!

Will definetly check out those models that u suggest..
I am the lazy and clumsy sort whch will definetly drop my grip if i have to detach and attach everytime i pull the cam out of the bag.. And there imbalance issue when the grip is not on the body with my primary lens (24-70) on..hee.. So grip mus stay on always..haa. .
Thinking of getting a prosumer body as backup cam in the near future, can really take 306/307/555/550 into serious consideration.

Thks again btw :)

Hi Guys,

Any other recommendations?

Will love to hear more from present and previous billingham owners. :)

This are the main reason why one should invest in a solid bag to protect ur gear!

Thanks Bro for ur kind advice!! Will definelty check it out 306 and 335, Guess u cant have the best of both worlds (Unless u give and take)

I got my TT UB 50 nw, which can accomodate my setup 2 with laptop, so perhaps will do with it if there call for a need to bring out my notebook.

Maybe i shd be contented if the biilingham (i getting) can accomodate my shooting gear alone. :)

Btw which ones do u have in ur collection nw?

Currently bro, i have the hadley pro and 306 in my arsenal.

306 is more for heavy shooting, hadley pro is for anything light, travel or school.

The hadley maybe able to slot in a thin notebook, but i haven't tried...

The TT 50 nw is big enough for your notebook, so maybe the billingham should be for your gear only?

For events that require laptops, you can use the ThinkTank.

The 335 is bigger with more pouches at the sides, better if you have alot of filters or accessories.

Yup, guess you can't have best of both worlds, but the billingham's a great bag in any case. :)

I sure do wish billingham comes out with a backpack!

Hi Guys,

Any other recommendations?

Will love to hear more from present and previous billingham owners. :)

Bro, i think for your set-ups we can rule the hadley or packington out, though hadley large maybe abit to fit it though.

Your choices would be 306,550,555,335. Or also the 307 as well, not sure if it's hear yet.

Hope to hear from you:)

Bryan, with your size and height you should get at lease the 335 if not bigger. Too bad can't fit in any laptop. They use to have the backpack too in the old day but now stop that model. Cheers

Currently bro, i have the hadley pro and 306 in my arsenal.

306 is more for heavy shooting, hadley pro is for anything light, travel or school.

The hadley maybe able to slot in a thin notebook, but i haven't tried...

The TT 50 nw is big enough for your notebook, so maybe the billingham should be for your gear only?

For events that require laptops, you can use the ThinkTank.

The 335 is bigger with more pouches at the sides, better if you have alot of filters or accessories.

Yup, guess you can't have best of both worlds, but the billingham's a great bag in any case. :)

I sure do wish billingham comes out with a backpack!

Right buddy! Great minds think alike, i intend to replace my TT speedfreak with either hadley pro, 306 or 335. And it shall accomodate my shooting gear oni.

Too bad really u cant have the best of both worlds, hav to settle for "giv and tk" hee..

Can't wait to try them out, maybe think can pay PK Chan a visit..:)

Bro, i think for your set-ups we can rule the hadley or packington out, though hadley large maybe abit to fit it though.

Your choices would be 306,550,555,335. Or also the 307 as well, not sure if it's hear yet.

Hope to hear from you:)

Hmm.. saw Hadley Pro a few times, can say is sort of "Love at 1st sight" :heart: haha...

next is 306 ,335 on the list (in order)

Where did u got urs bro? From Pk or OP?

Bryan, with your size and height you should get at lease the 335 if not bigger. Too bad can't fit in any laptop. They use to have the backpack too in the old day but now stop that model. Cheers

Uncle James, u finally appeared, waited for u until neck longlong liao..:bsmilie:
If say i forgo the laptop, shoot macro (outdoor shooting) which one more comfortable arh?

Go for the 5 series, call Chan to test & view.

I personally find the Hadley Pro the prettiest among the Billinghams because it's slim rectangle'ish and has a handle. More like a business bag. But the D700 is a little too big and the viewfinder actually fattens the bag a little (But barely noticable).

The bag itself is quite heavy when compared to a lowepro of the same size. And the D700 is a heavy camera too. And so is the 24-70. That's why I feel it's important to get a bag with a handle so you can relax your shoulder once in a while. The other billinghams don't come with a handle I think.

I thought of getting a backpack but don't see any nice ones around. The Billingham 25 rucksack looks nice but discontinued :|

Status
Not open for further replies.