Calling out to all NICE CSers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadpoet said:
but you must know why you like it or why not, or else, on what basis did you draw the conclusion that the picture is nice or not, right?

You're right. To me, if it is pleasing to the eye, then it is nice. If it doesn't catch my attention, then I may be neutral about it or it is simply not nice. Sometimes it is hard to put into words why I like or do not like a particular picture. I guess it's because I do not have enough knowledge to critique it yet.

superfly said:
You're right. To me, if it is pleasing to the eye, then it is nice. If it doesn't catch my attention, then I may be neutral about it or it is simply not nice. Sometimes it is hard to put into words why I like or do not like a particular picture. I guess it's because I do not have enough knowledge to critique it yet.
Just to add on, sometimes a photograph's value is so subjective that it's pointless to comment beyond "nice". As long as it works in the gut, then it's "nice".

The threshold for a picture to be "nice" varies widely from one to another. Also, if espn or student (or any of the lao jiaos) were to comment on my picture to be "nice", I'll be very happy, as compared to someone with zero posts to say my picture "very nice"...a bit funny right? :sweat:

what if a world credited professional just found his way into CS and found your work nice?
He would have just registered with post count 0.

Does the activity bar, longevity bar and post count really add weight to one's words?

Why worry so much about these? Go out, create nice (no pun intended) photos and enjoy. Like I always tell some clowns ... 'shut up and shoot' ...

yanyewkay said:
what if a world credited professional just found his way into CS and found your work nice?
He would have just registered with post count 0.

Does the activity bar, longevity bar and post count really add weight to one's words?

To me, if I don't know that he's a world renowed photographer (just assume I live in a cave)...yes, his "this photo is nice" comment doesn't matter. Because the only way I can judge a person's credibility in my cave is through his past posts.

However, a person with 100,000 posts and all of them are rubbish..his comments are probably equally rubbish. You get what I mean? :) I'm talking about a person's credibility, and in CS, his/her past records are probably the only accurate depiction of the person's credibility.

Since most of us are so shy to really critique your friends' works,
Let's start a comment substitution list:

Nice -- Your photo really sux
Good -- You can do better
Beautiful model -- You're a tkp, your model photos got no substance
Plasant -- Nice try
Outstanding -- very different from the rest, very eye-sore
Fantastic -- As tasteless as Mcdonalds rice burger

More more!! :)

Oh ya, 1 more,

SHARP -- You're not good enough for your equipment, give me your cam better

AReality said:

Plasant -- Nice try

Oh ya, 1 more,

hehe....your photos are sharp..;p

Ah Pao said:
To me, if I don't know that he's a world renowed photographer (just assume I live in a cave)...yes, his "this photo is nice" comment doesn't matter. Because the only way I can judge a person's credibility in my cave is through his past posts.

However, a person with 100,000 posts and all of them are rubbish..his comments are probably equally rubbish. You get what I mean? :) I'm talking about a person's credibility, and in CS, his/her past records are probably the only accurate depiction of the person's credibility.
yups I get what you mean no worries. It's hard to tell really who is who behind the online monikers unless you meet them in person.

AReality said:

Nice details - not so nice composition
Love dat dreamy feel - out of focus brudder.
Bokeh swee! - main subject CMI
Where is this? - i go there and shoot better
Colours :thumbsup: - everything else :thumbsd:

pai said:
Nice details - not so nice composition
Love dat dreamy feel - out of focus brudder.
Bokeh swee! - main subject CMI
Where is this? - i go there and shoot better
Colours :thumbsup: - everything else :thumbsd:
Care to share your exposure settings?- your exposure CMI
Care to share your lens setup?-Your lens got problem
Care to share your flash technique?-your flash technique got problem

Of course..this is just TCSS...not all who comment with this remarks mean the exact same thing;)

no way cheesecake is the best.

KRW is the best!!!!!! and his website is nice!!!!

:bsmilie:

AReality said:

Plasant -- Nice try

Oh ya, 1 more,

U left out something.. " Good Eye Contact"

How can u miss that!

I'm learning a lot on how to comment on a nice picture here. oops.

My take on "nice" and other similarily nice words and phrases

Nice - Sucks

Nice details - details nices (see above for defination of nice) and you forgot about composition, picture overall still sucks

Good/great/outstanding/fantastic - higher degree of nice (see above for defination of nice)

Sharp - I cannot find anything to say about the picture, the picture really sucks

Beautiful Model - basically, a "sharp" comment, but you managed to sweet talk someone not that bad looking to pose for you, good job and nice picture.

What is your camera settings - another "sharp" comment but with a twist, the exposure and color are so off, it's humanly impossible, wonder how you f**k up so badly. The picture still sucks.

Now, there seems to be a common denominator to the above - sucks.

So, why not just post - suck, it's sucks, the picture sucks, sucks big time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.