Calling Bowlers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
any bowlers or wannabes or used-tos out here?

my wedding season dying down so i've decided to pick bowling up again. looking for kakis, preferably during the day on weekdays ;p

but of course we can always plan weeknights and weekends... :)

wannabe bowler only..haha can learn photography tips one har :bsmilie:

if got session, i cannot go often, money no enough :confused:

Waaah...used to burn the lanes laik no one's biz in the past.

Now bowling is so expensive, just a few outings can buy new flash liao! :sweat:

any bowlers or wannabes or used-tos out here?

my wedding season dying down so i've decided to pick bowling up again. looking for kakis, preferably during the day on weekdays ;p

but of course we can always plan weeknights and weekends... :)

Yup me and my ex...use to burn the lanes at Jackies' Bowl at East Coast Road and SuperBowl when it was still hot times at the Marina South man. Those days it was like what less then $2.00 at Jackies'

i think the safras are $4.10 per game for non members... is that ex?

yes..i rmb much younger when in sec sch was about 2 plus a game even at safra..or was it cdans?

Yup me and my ex...use to burn the lanes at Jackies' Bowl at East Coast Road and SuperBowl when it was still hot times at the Marina South man. Those days it was like what less then $2.00 at Jackies'

now there all gone, bowled once there only though..steamboat also missing :confused:

Not so bad.

But it's all the little things lor.

Say play shiok shiok, surely won't play just 2-3 games right?

I used to wack like 10-20 games per session till shoulders drop off.

So now, cut back a bit, say 5 games each

$4.10 x 5 = $20.50

Before game, carry ball and gear can tahan. After session, damned siong liao, so take cab say $10.

Food and drinks outside no joke. At least $5 - $10. Dun say go play play surely wun eat and drink right? If kaki really right, wack beer. Say $20/person.

Dun add anything more. Go straight home.

Total damage: Between $35.50 - $60.50 per session depending on food and drinks.

Once kenar the gian, surely go at least 2-3 times per week!

Then comes the gian of getting own equipment. That will really hit, HARD, especially with all the seductive modern technology available nowdays. My balls are all old lah. Cannot curve as much as all you young ones with si mik reactive balls lah, concentric balls lah, oso got eccentric balls I think. How to challenge?

If I budget carefully, I can buy enough groceries from wet markets and make home cooked food for all meals for an entire week on just $15-$20 alone. In contrast, bowling seems really expensive.

But even before I replied this post, I was already looking for my ball in the store-room! :bsmilie:

Last edited:

Jackies Bowl Katong, TenPin Bowl Katong Shopping Center, Queesntown Bowl, Orchard Bowl ... sighz.

Jackies Bowl Katong, TenPin Bowl Katong Shopping Center, Queesntown Bowl, Orchard Bowl ... sighz.

oh my goodness all the long forgotten names heheh... those were the days man... it is so Americana though it is here in Singapore. It's like our own "Happy Days"

Orchard bowl was where you get the worst gambling I remember back then...where you have al those idiots gathering behind novice bowl to bet who would strike, spare or miss

Were there ever TWO Jackie's Bowl, or only the one at East Coast with the Cathay Kris movie studios behind it?

lol DM, ur post damn funneeeeeeeeeee....!!

well i guess it really depends on the disposable income of each person...

when i suddenly thought of bowling again, next couple of days went with a friend and his regular pro shop to buy one of those eccentric/concentric/reactive smlj balls you speak of, bag and shoes for $370. then i told me fren, win lor, u cannot get ANYTHING in my camera bag for that money, except maybe batteries and filters. i thot it was cheap. ;p

so i guess to get the ball rolling (pun not intended), let's put place put time...

those interested in REALLY going pls state general availabilities, like weekday/weekend day/night and preferred location :)

oh my goodness all the long forgotten names heheh... those were the days man... it is so Americana though it is here in Singapore. It's like our own "Happy Days"

Orchard bowl was where you get the worst gambling I remember back then...where you have al those idiots gathering behind novice bowl to bet who would strike, spare or miss

Yeah, but Orchard was like 'atas' man. Lots of show-offs there.

I remeber TenPin was where the se bei cheena ah longs used to chill, so you guessed it - it became an ah long gambling center! I fondly remember nights when big towkays used to bowl. Tens of thiusands changed hands on nights like those, with the air so thick with smoke, you wondered how the people even could see the pins! But the action! Man-o-man! :sweat::sweatsm::lovegrin:

the gambling is still quite open... bookie will stand there with a wad of cash and bowlers would come and go with cash exchanged....

Were there ever TWO Jackie's Bowl, or only the one at East Coast with the Cathay Kris movie studios behind it?

Only one I should think. Use to be pretty friend with the counter manager...wah can't recall his name now...got that "curly pop" hair style... was it Jack, Henry or something heheh... can't recall liao

That neighborhood was the hey day of Malay movies..all the roads have those nice malay names.

lol DM, ur post damn funneeeeeeeeeee....!!

well i guess it really depends on the disposable income of each person...

when i suddenly thought of bowling again, next couple of days went with a friend and his regular pro shop to buy one of those eccentric/concentric/reactive smlj balls you speak of, bag and shoes for $370. then i told me fren, win lor, u cannot get ANYTHING in my camera bag for that money, except maybe batteries and filters. i thot it was cheap. ;p

so i guess to get the ball rolling (pun not intended), let's put place put time...

those interested in REALLY going pls state general availabilities, like weekday/weekend day/night and preferred location :)

WAH JoHo!

You getting one of those funny balls that curves like crazy and you need a 'Terminator' arm guard ah?

I've seen bowlers with lesser control. Miss the pocket by a mile, and can never spare with those balls that roll funny.

But the goot part is, since slow old balls gather less oil (to pun a phrase), you can get some of the old 'legends' like AMF Angle and lots of other Bruinswicks etc for a song at Cash Converters now.

Mabbie we should all go get $10 balls from Cash Converter and start an OLD BALLS CLUB! :bsmilie:

the gambling is still quite open... bookie will stand there with a wad of cash and bowlers would come and go with cash exchanged....

Yeah, but in the old days, with smoking allowed, and the beer, I dunno. It was like ELECTRIFIED man!

Modern alleys all got no more of that really authentic 'back room' gambling den ambiance. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.