Calling all Photobugs who are into Cycling/MTBing/Downhill etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonely0

Jun 8, 2004
Singapore
www.alndesign.com
Hi, juz a check how many of you guys/gals here are amaeture/serious cyclist (Road/MTB/Downhill etc etc). Do u ppl intergrated photography with cycling before...? For me, when i'm not doing any serious riding, i ride with my camera in my backpack or whenever possible, i'll ride to the destination i wan to do my photography.

How do u define serious - you constantly update urself with cycling event or races in Singapore or nearby region, you dig Scotts, Fox Shock, Kona, GT etc and a bike of those brand always makes u drool... You do Laps across our island with your bright jersey and fierce helmet. U zip down mud trail on weekend and are happily satisfied when u r soaking wet with mud and spends hours cleaning up u'r MTB afterwards, monitor your speed and heartbeat rate & winning a race is your wetdream... Above all these, Photography is in your blood

How do you define Semi-Serious - all the above except u don't do laps across the island so often and mud trailing once in a blue moon but u pedal like mad on jogging tracks by the big drain/road to train your stamina and monitor your speed and heartbeat rate. entering a major race is not your aim but don't mind small local race events...Above all these, Photography is in your blood

How do u define Amaeture - U don't cycle on road, u don't train yourself to be faster then the last, u don't dig biker news and know nuts of race events. u use your bike as a form of transport and ocasionally for leisure ride. You can't tell the difference between a football jersey and a bike jersey. you don't know the lingo of biking languages. but u jus like to ride... Above all these, Photography is in your blood

I belong to the Semi-Serious but hoping to be a serious one someday. so u may wonder why i ask? well to find some kaki to train and plan a trip across the causeway on bicycle doing cross country/camping touring.

I cycle for exercise, maybe 20km, usually along the same route. Feel like going fast, go fast, feel like going slow, go slow, feel like stopping to take photos, stop to take photos. Cameras are getting smaller and smaller, great for bringing along when cycling. Street photography on 2 wheels. If it rains, there's always the underwater casing.

PS: throw away your heart rate monitors and cyclometers. They just rob you of the joy of cycling.

I likes to cycle, currently MTB and i'm looking forward to be a racer, but now i choose to be a photography, no money to buy racer bike liao. :bigeyes:

Semi-serious. However my bike has been gathering dust inside my vehicle for some time already due to a lack of time to cycle. Anyone for round-island night cycling trips? Haven't done that in a while.

Hrmm... Somewhere between semi & amateur, I guess. Own a mountain bike which I haven't cycled much on since a near-death experience some 6 years back.
Nothing special.. Just a basic frame with 21-speed STX gears and an Indy Rock Shox front suspension. The gears been screwy since the accident so I've only got some 12 speed left.
No time to get it fixed and go cycling now that I'm in the army. Did used to go for long-dist trips and off-track in Malaysia with my dad's colleagues back then though. Kinda miss round-island night cycling trips though. Still remember the last time my friends and I tried to cycle into Sentosa at 2am. hehe...

I was into cycling a few years back. Got a custom GT Avalanche LE wif RS Judy XC, full Kore elite n XT comp. Now bike collecting dust inside spare room. Once my wife asked me to sell to karung guni. :bsmilie:

I am probably the worst girl in Singapore whom any guy dreads, except for one species:a camera haha...anyway,I do cycle and shoot nature on weekends. Most of my weekens are occupied with shooting sessions together with fellow photographers and not forgetting my boyfriend...the Camera haha......

:) I used to cycle everyday with my camera in my backpack but that was when i was still in Australia. I'd cycle anywhere, any trail, be it road, mud trail, bicycle trail, or juz a worn path down a slope :)

Cycling and photography have been my passion but never have the money to invest on any of them. :rolleyes:

CS has triggered my interest in starting to invest something on photography though. Cheers!

Bluestrike said:
I cycle to the nearby petrol kisok to pump air.. then cycle home.......

Like that consider cycling?

don't think so... ;)

maybe can be considered as warming the bicycle seat only... :bsmilie:

next time blow...don't pump :devil:

hmm.. liddat i think im amatuer cyclist.. lol.

jodie_tan said:
I am probably the worst girl in Singapore whom any guy dreads, except for one species:a camera haha...anyway,I do cycle and shoot nature on weekends. Most of my weekens are occupied with shooting sessions together with fellow photographers and not forgetting my boyfriend...the Camera haha......

ahh! found someone who have the same mindset as me... A lot of people ask me if i have a GF yet.. and i just replied to them that my camera is my GF.. ;) ;)

Anyway, for me, i'm semi-serious.

Apart from photography, i like night cycling with my friends.. But due to NS commitment, we can only cycle occasionally. anywhere ranging from 30km - 50km+++..

Now own a Specialized hardrock, with Rockshox Judy + carbon fibre handle bar..

behyx said:
Anyway, for me, i'm semi-serious.

Apart from photography, i like night cycling with my friends.. But due to NS commitment, we can only cycle occasionally. anywhere ranging from 30km - 50km+++..

Now own a Specialized hardrock, with Rockshox Judy + carbon fibre handle bar..
hmm.. well now 5 days week liao.. maybe got more time.....

So anyone for a gathering of another type?

Maybe a nite cycling + nite Shoot?

Bluestrike said:
hmm.. well now 5 days week liao.. maybe got more time.....

That will involves lugging a tripod along.. haha! heavy!

behyx said:
That will involves lugging a tripod along.. haha! heavy!
Well now you know why those cheap and light tripod come in....
hehhee..

Well anyway, who on to go? Maybe meet up makan then hmm..ride ride
*long time no cycle nite liao*

behyx said:
ahh! found someone who have the same mindset as me... A lot of people ask me if i have a GF yet.. and i just replied to them that my camera is my GF.. ;) ;)

Haha...this gf won't shout,cry and laugh...it will obey your commands:)haha

Hrmm... Wouldn't mind going for a night cycling cum phototaking trip. Gotta borrow me friend's slik tripod first though. OIS doesn't go very far when it comes to night shots. I can at best manage 1/4s.

I long long no cycle already... no time if not working, prefer photography... used to cycle all over Sg.

But mabbe will follow StreetShooter style... cycle and shoot. Still thinkin how to lug my 10D and a couple of lenses around. :sweat:

Bluestrike said:

I second that. Anyone else??

Status
Not open for further replies.