Calling All Night Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
I wanna find out if there are serious night photographers here, in this small country. I'm preferring to those who are devoted and hard-core, going out in the late night hours to take night sceneries like urban landscapes, nature etc. Preferably film users using films in 35mm or 120 format, either B&W or color negatives/slides or even IR.

Please put down yr name if you fit the bill described above. Hopefully there are enuff people so as to get to know one another and have a gathering to discuss and talk abt individual night photography experiences or techniques, and even showcase individual's portfolio.

01. Mezzotint

i not tt serious cos i've not been shootin as regular. liddat can i put my name down? :dunno:

i like night shooting, but rarely get out to shoot and shoot pretty badly :bsmilie:

Sounds interesting idea to start this group.. I am now on DSLR and have been doing night photography.. though not that great.. but would be able to join you all

01. Mezzotint
02. Srisaro ( Exclude me if you dont prefer DSLR's)

but but but, I would be able to join you all only from June 2006, as I would be travelling until then..

Again, I suggest that we keep this group to 4 (Max5) as we dont want to be seen inviting more trouble at night times and also we could easily drive around with smaller groups if one location is not suitable for any reasons.. ( rain, crowded, foggy, hazy etc....)

01. Mezzotint
02. Srisaro ( Exclude me if you dont prefer DSLR's)
03. zaxh81 (Night photographer who only come out at night)

When are u guys plan to go for the shoot? Anyway count me in first.

New to the hobby and shooting digital only. Just bought a tripod, no chance to use it. Mind if I join in? Though I am new, but I am dedicated! 11 pm, 12 midnight or 2 am ..on!

Thanks for the response guys! :)

Well I'm not biased against using digital for night photography but I prefer film more for its unique results. Hope u can understand. :)

Btw zaxh81 & IRman, I'd appreciate if you guys can kindly indicate what camera and film you're using. Thanks. :)

I wanna find out if there are serious night photographers here, in this small country. I'm preferring to those who are devoted and hard-core, going out in the late night hours to take night sceneries like urban landscapes, nature etc. Preferably film users using films in 35mm or 120, either B&W or color negatives/slides or even IR.

Please put down yr name if you fit the bill described above. Hopefully there are enuff people so as to get to know one another and have a gathering to discuss and talk abt individual night photography experiences or techniques, and even showcase individual's portfolio.

01. Mezzotint
02. zaxh81 (Night photographer who only come out at night)
03. IRman
04. denniskee (canon & pentax)

when and where to meet?;p

I wanna find out if there are serious night photographers here, in this small country. I'm preferring to those who are devoted and hard-core, going out in the late night hours to take night sceneries like urban landscapes, nature etc. Preferably film users using films in 35mm or 120, either B&W or color negatives/slides or even IR.

01. Mezzotint
02. zaxh81 (Night photographer who only come out at night)
03. IRman
04. denniskee (canon & pentax)
05.VR2 (D50 can follow?)

Do inform on the time and place. ;)
y dis thread on Outings? juz kpoing ard.. ;p

So sad,should start a night photography for digital soon
01. Mezzotint
02. IRman
03. denniskee (canon & pentax)
04. VR2 (D50 can follow?)

01. Mezzotint
02. IRman
05.leonwithphotos(film minolta &DSLR)

have always liked night photography, but for past year hardly do cos of studies. next term will be more free for me.would really like to start night photogrpahy again

01. Mezzotint
02. IRman
04. leonwithphotos (film minolta)

I'm using the following equipments:
- Shanghai TLR on Kodak Tmax400 (120)
- Nikon FM10 on Kodak Tmax400 (135) or Kodak Ektachrome E100VS/GX
- Manfrotto 055 Pro Black tripod with Giottos ball-head
- Nikon SB-800 and old Hanimex flash units
- Radio Flash Transmitter & Receivers
- Color Gels
- Cable Release
- Black Card
- Powerful Searchlight and 1 small LED torchlight
- Stop-watch

I do mainly B&W night photography and recently into nocturne photography i.e. light-painting photography.

01. Mezzotint
02. IRman
05.leonwithphotos(film minolta &DSLR)
06. sORe-EyEz (35mm film slr)

01. Mezzotint (TLR 120 & Nikon 35mm SLR)
02. IRman
04. leonwithphotos(film minolta)
05. sORe-EyEz (35mm film slr)

Sorry VR2, I'm looking for film photographers only. No offense. :)

01. Mezzotint (TLR 120 & Nikon 35mm SLR)
02. IRman
04. leonwithphotos(film minolta)
05. sORe-EyEz (35mm film slr)
06. rebbot (120mm and 135mm) Hope I can make it for the outings as I can usually only make it on sundays :(

Thanks Guys.. hope all the film users enjoy the night shooting..

DSLR's, lets plan for our group in June.. (Sorry for using this thread.. we are just exiting from this thread..)

Have fun.. and care to share your results..

hi leonwithphotos, denniskee and rebbot,
May I know what films do u use? Fuji or Kodak or Ilford? B&W? Color negatives? Color slide films? How often do u go for night photography? :)

rebbot, Sunday nights are fine too which depends on the locations and it'll have to end early before 12midnite as most of us got work on the next day. At times I go on weekday nights after work but mostly on Sat nights. When there's a PH coming, I'll go on 2-3 consecutive nights e.g. if the PH falls on a Friday, I'll go out on Fri, Sat and even Sun night, if my energy level is still high. Well since I dun drive, I pre-planned my outings and there's a lot of walking involved. So it's pretty exhausting, especially when shooting the whole night till dawn, which depends on the progress. I can end early any time I want. :)

To all:

Pardon me as I did not stated clearly on the start of the thread. :)

My main purpose on this thread is to gather like-minded night photographers for regular small group outings (a group of 4 at a time depends on individual's time schedule) and discussions on the types of shooting technique, places to explore and make pictures. Of cuz not to forget abt sharing individual artistic/self expression thru night photography with everyone.

I will not be organising any outing at the moment but only for a couple of meet-ups to get to know each other and keeping in touch. At the same time we can showcase our early work to one another and we can learn from each other from there and during future outings. I'm sure we got lots to talk abt.:)

As we all are using films, we can meet up for photo-viewing sessions and even photo-critiques 1-2 weeks after each outing. Only when one has finished a roll or two of 35mm or 120 and I guess it'll be enuff time for d/o and print.

Guys, let me know what u think of this proposal? Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.