Calling all landscape photographers - Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewong

Dec 7, 2002
Singapore
- My last trip, I posted at Offstone.com and people said I so unfair didn't post at ClubSnap... so this time I post here first
- BTW photos from that trip can be viewed at http://www.petewong.net/photo_gall_tioman.html

=======

After the immensely successful Tioman island photographic trip, I would like to propose something more "hardcore". Here's what I have in mind. A full ONE-WEEK excursion along the north-east coast of Malaysia.

Here's what I have in mind. Drive up to Mersing and follow the coastal road right up to Cherating Beach (north of Kuantan). Stay overnight there (no, not at Club Med). Continue the journey to Dungun and Kuala Terengganu. On the return journey, swing by Lake Kenyir for some nice mood shots of tranquil waters etc. Can spend a night or two at the floating hotel by the lake. Cook dinner by open fire etc.

This is more of a photographic excursion and not a holiday tour. We stop wherever there is something interesting to shoot. We stay at cheap chalets or kampung huts estimated at around RM40 per pax per night. We eat cheap but delicious local food estimated at RM10 per meal.

I would estimate each participant having to fork out around S$200 or thereabouts for the trip.

Tentative dates: Oct 18 - 26 (Oct 23 is the Deepavali holiday). I would limit the group to a max of 12 people in 3 cars. Can't manage if the group gets too big. Pls register your interest here so that we can plan ahead and fine-tune the itinerary.

1. Pete Wong

Alamak... got exams at that time... looks like I'll miss this one...

Any chance you organising again for November or December?

ONE FULL WEEK??? :bigeyes:

That is really HARD CORE!

Can organise something more manageable like 4 or 5 days kind of trip with weekends in the middle, better still with a public holiday on Friday or Monday?

That way, most of us will be officially OFF for 2 days and about, which I feel are within our or my comfort zone.

Ha! I am interested. One full week should be ok for me if I am free. I am a full time photographer, if I happened to have some urgent shoot can I cancel last minute?

Andy Ho
My Clubsnap Gallery

Andy
A few of us are full-timers (I hesitate to use the word "pro"). Yes, u can come back on your own but you might have to take the bus :p

And I can understand a lot of students can't make it cos of exams etc.
:)

For those interested in the shorter weekend trips, pls visit my pal's website at www.simidaiji.com and check the Bulletin board on Singapore. There is a trip to the LCK jetty to shoot sunrise on Sept 7.

Ok.. Count me in first. I will let you know in advance should anything crop up. I can't tell now cos I have a 1 week assignment in Thailand but the date is not confirmed yet.

1. Pete Wong
2. Andy Ho

Andy Ho
My Clubsnap Gallery

Okay, Andy. Actually there are now only 5 or 6 places left. Some of the photographers from the Offstone.com joining.

Hi All...

I juz did exactly whats on the list..........last week. Really great weather NOW!!!!....bright sun and cool breeze.

If you are into shooting HORNBILL....i can tell you where to find them....at least a couple of them. They live on the ANGSANA tree infront of the left wing of the hotel rooms...of Impiana Resort... They sleep there....saw them for 2 consecutive evening through nights.

Check out the Fisherman's kampong off Kemaman... and also visit the village behind the GELIGA Mosque at the entrance to teranganu from Cherating.

Maya want to visit a small fisherman village called KIJAL town. Where the beaches are clean and a few colorful fisherman boats... Was told that the beaches are kept clean (to an extent) as there are lots of movie filmed there.....

For digital shooters...bring more cards.....
and film shooters bring more film!!!!!

Bring extra cash (RM) when in cherating - as ATMs are hard to find(Only At Town of Chukai + Petronas along BALOK town after Kuantan before Cherating ....
Some resort/chalet accept cash only.

ATM can be found in the town of CHUKAI just as you enter Terenganu district...drive up till you see a junction turning right to Chukai and drive till you see a food centre area and the ATMS are on the left - Maybank - accepts CIRRUS.

Enjoy your self!!!!

Regards,
Sulhan

Thanks for the tips, Sulhan. Did u get a lot of good pix? Perhaps a website we can visit? Did you go in a group or alone?

Hiee Pete.....

I do have quite a number of shots....but this trio was just a first time familiarising of the place trip......its just a quick impromptu getaway....so most of the photos are family shots......

I;ll try to pick some photos and post it on my web....

reagrds,
Sulhan

Hi Andy
Can u e-mail me your details:
1. Real name
2. HP no.
so that I can send updates via e-mail. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.