Calling all Flash expert....

Status
Not open for further replies.

edfck

Jul 14, 2005
Singapore
Hi all. Nd some advise on Flash. I've just burn a big hole in my pocket on 350D & 2 lens. Looking a flash n torn between sigma 500 super GT TTL2 n canon 430EX. Shd I pay less for a sigma with close to 580 functions or shd I settle for a more expensive 430EX???? :think: Got alot of gd feedback on 430, but wat abt the sigma? pls show me the light.:sweatsm:

I have the 430Ex and it is 'OK'. Can't comment on the Sigma, but I agree with espn, if I had a chance to do it over again, I would get the 580ex (might still happen ;) )

I am using 430EX, didn't consider other brands.
580EX if you use alot of flash otherwise 430EX shall suffice

wah lao aey... 580 too ex. Unless i full timer or FL, if not my buget doesnt even justify 430.
tats y i'm looking at the sigma. but wanna get some feedback b4 i decide...

edfck said:
wah lao aey... 580 too ex. Unless i full timer or FL, if not my buget doesnt even justify 430.

get a nikon auto flash. A sb28 will cost ya under $300.

edfck said:

alot of hobbits also buy 580ex, its not those full timer or FL will buy...

cosycatus> bro can the nikon sb28 b use on canon 350d? :think:

del> those r the rich hobits, i'm the poor one... :(

if such is the case, then you almost answered your own question.. :bsmilie:

since you confirm not getting the 580, then its the 430 le ma...
i dunno about others, but i am the kind that will go not go for 3rd party flash one.. ;p own preference only though..

yeah, in a way but still yet to answer 1 question. how gd or reliable is the sigma flash?:think:

thank you all for the feedback.. but are there anyone out there who owns a sigma flash n got something 2 say?:bigeyes:

edfck said:
thank you all for the feedback.. but are there anyone out there who owns a sigma flash n got something 2 say?:bigeyes:

its all the same when u use it manually... :bsmilie:

see... most hobbits buy 580ex already... y dun u? :bsmilie:

Hi edfck, I have the 580EX and recently also bought the 430EX for my 20D.

430EX is good enough for 350D, because I have tested it in most photo situation and it performed very well. 3 of my friends also have this 430EX, it’s quite good as they have commented.

580EX will be too big on yr 350D. but of cause if you want the 580EX thats fine too.

I wouldn't recommend the sigma flashes. In terms of function they work well but build quality's not as good as canon AND they don't last.

A lot of complaints about them failing after about a yr's use. In short I feel you should stick with canon, which has a much better track record.

hmmm for me the Sigma is working fine. It seems to be more accurate than my friend's 580ex. I've not really played much with the 580ex, so I can't really tell..coz they're around the same price, IMHO we should compare the 430 against the Sigma. Which to me, is a no brainer. More powerful, much more features.. same amt of warranty... Why not? Of course, I've not used my flash more than 1 year, can't comment about its durability.

sigma flash build quality cannot make it lah....but if thats not an issue and u are an infrequent user, by all means buy it. if u are not using ur flash to earn $, not prudent to spend so much on it yah?

generally i tink you should be looking at things like flash power... recycle speed and things like tt...and whether if u really need them...budget of coz is another factor haha...

if i am not mistaken the 430's head canot swivel sideways as well? not too sure about this. do correct me if i am wrong...not a big time canon user here....

anyways...i have heard varying reviews about the sigma dg...some ppl stand by its functionality....and some people say that the flash output is inconsistant and so on....

i bought the sigma and im extremly happy with it.

works fine.. powerful .. and cost me like 200+ usd iirc .. i got it 4 months ago ..

but than again, i dont use flash often ... maybe 10% of my shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.