Calling all 1D series users HELP needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nupro

Dec 6, 2005
CCK
www.flickr.com
I've recently upgraded from a 30D to a 1Dmark2N and while I was using 30D or even 20D the aperture and shutter speed settings remains even when I change aperture in aperture priority mode. This however doesn't imply to the 1d series. Maybe I still new to the camera but I've look tru the manuals for the custom and personel functions and there's still no info regarding this. This greatly affect my style of shooting cos I use manual mode for flash photography and aperture priority when shooting ambient. By the time I switch settings the moment is gone. To all seasoned users pls enlightened.

i make a guess, when u are using the 20d or 30d, u switch on ur flash issit? i mean did u use the inbuilt flash while in apeture priority mode?

i make a guess, when u are using the 20d or 30d, u switch on ur flash issit? i mean did u use the inbuilt flash while in apeture priority mode?

i dont use inbuilt flash...as I said aperture priority I shoot ambient....it means no flash

Lemme try to explain...

M mode, set shutter 1/100s.
Then change to Tv, change shutter to 1/50s.
Then back to M mode, on the 30D will be at 1/100s (retains the previously set value), on the 1D series will be at 1/50s (newest value).

The same can be said for aperture values and other modes.

Right?

That's the same problem I had. But have to learn to live with it.

funny thing cos I tot the 1d series suppose to be a versatile camera with customize features...a solution would be a second camera or 5D (custom mode available) i suppose? does the latest firmware help with this?

I've recently upgraded from a 30D to a 1Dmark2N and while I was using 30D or even 20D the aperture and shutter speed settings remains even when I change aperture in aperture priority mode. This however doesn't imply to the 1d series. Maybe I still new to the camera but I've look tru the manuals for the custom and personel functions and there's still no info regarding this. This greatly affect my style of shooting cos I use manual mode for flash photography and aperture priority when shooting ambient. By the time I switch settings the moment is gone. To all seasoned users pls enlightened.

Sorry I don't have 30D to do a test so I use 10D vs 1D Mark II N instead.

I think your question is :

When using 30D, you set say f 2.8 in Aperture priority Mode, then later switch to Manual Mode and set it to say f5.6 1/125. When later switch back to Aperture priority Mode , the Aperture is still f2.8.

Thus when trigger between Aperture priority Mode and Manual Mode , each mode will maintain their own setting.

This does not happen in 1D Mark 2 N.

In 1D Mark II N , when set f2.8 in Aperture priority Mode, then switch to Manual Mode and set f5.6 1/125. When switch back to Aperture priority Mode, the aperture (was f.28) is now overwritten to f5.6 instead.

Did I get your question correct ? :)

When using 30D, you set say f 2.8 in Aperture priority Mode, then later switch to Manual Mode and set it to say f5.6 1/125. When later switch back to Aperture priority Mode , the Aperture is still f2.8.

Thus when trigger between Aperture priority Mode and Manual Mode , each mode will maintain their own setting.

In 1D Mark II N , when set f2.8 in Aperture priority Mode, then switch to Manual Mode and set f5.6 1/125. When switch back to Aperture priority Mode, the aperture (was f.28) is now overwritten to f5.6 instead.

Oh by the way, init I feel very uncomfortable on this issue but then , no choice loh. I have to change my way of shooting.

ah. hmm. i was wondering if there is a way to keep a exposure setting.

i do this pretty much often of the XXd bodies like 10d/20d/30d and love to use manual mode with flash and aperture as ambient.

so was wondering if there is any way to keep a exposure setting? so that nothing can overwrite like the situation above?

Yup

any help? or is it meant to be that way?

no help so far...looks like its meant to be. enlightened us if u find anything ;)

go to "manual" of body, reset everything back to "default" then, try it again.

previously I handle the 1Dmk2, it has same problem, but after reset, it go back normal.
if it keep this problem coming, go to service center....;)

That was not my experience with the 1DMK2. Did I remember correctly?

Now on the 5D, the M mode and A mode is distinct so that whatever settings changed in either mode remains on either mode.

That was not my experience with the 1DMK2. Did I remember correctly?

Now on the 5D, the M mode and A mode is distinct so that whatever settings changed in either mode remains on either mode.

Bro ,

I just done a test with my friends yesterday . Both 1DM2 and 1DM2N got the same issue leh.

Hmmmmmm :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.