rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
1)
pc-1.jpg

or

2)
pc-2.jpg

which one is PSed and which one is with a TS lens ?

to my untrained eyes, they look the same.

they are the same, cos both same pic :p wrong link for #2

caseytan said:
Hmmmm you've got a point there. :dunno:

caseytan said:

alamak paiseh, but somehow before you pointed it out I tot got diff leh !!!!!!!!! lol

rueyloon said:
alamak paiseh, but somehow before you pointed it out I tot got diff leh !!!!!!!!! lol

i dun see any difference,both look properly aligned :cool:

OT: i think pp pay good $$ for a T/S lens is for the ability to get the movements right on the hardware itself,rather than be dependent on a software.

u can get proper output on any body/media straight away.

1 is T&S. 2 is PS, very obvious... right? Or my eyes playing trick again... :sweat:

rueyloon said:
hehehe........... then that's $ down the drain..... :p

Usually got 2 main sewage system,mainly the Nikon Drain or Canon longkang :bsmilie:

But u are a happy man,ya ?

kex said:
Usually got 2 main sewage system,mainly the Nikon Drain or Canon longkang :bsmilie:

But u are a happy man,ya ?

well........ I'll share about the difference I found soon :)

I'll say 2nd is PS... there is a bit loose of sharpness in the grass area compare to pic 1...

Gesszz... reminds me of those touch screen game when u identify the diff between two photos... :confused:

1st is tilt shift, 2nd is PS.

download the 2 pictures and analyse them in photoshop. in the 2nd picture, you'll observe that there is slight distortion at the left, centre and right.

hmmz ... look at the sides of pic 1 and pic 2 ... both looked cropped :S ...

note that pic 1 has a little extra on the right and pic 2 has a little extra on the left ... i wonder if both are photoshopped and tilted a little ... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

At such resolution, any difference is negligible and insignificant.

If you blow up the picture or look at 100% crops, there will be stretching of the pixels at the top of the PS'ed image.

ok

here's the answer

1 is PSed while 2 is shot with a TS lens.

I cheated abit with 2 because I didn't use a tripod, there is still abit of distortion due to the camera being not level, hence you can say I had to correct it about 5% or so. But with 1, it is shot totally upwards, hence it is 100% PSed. I overlay the 2 images and try to make them match through editing. The 2 shots are quite heavily cropped. If you overlay the 2 images on PS and look at them, you'll see the there is a U shaped distortion on the 1st image, it could be due to lens etc or what ever.

My own conclusion is this; it is possible to almost emulate a TS lens, but 1 thing is that while you can correct for the converging verticals, the image will look stumpy. Without a "correct" photo for reference, you don't know how much to elongate the image to compensate for it.

cheers :)

Wow! Nice work rueyloon. I've been wanting a t/s lens for a while, but may just rely on PS to do the work for me.

i think depends how many pic u need to shoot

if a few...still can do PS

but when u need to shoot a lot and need to process ASAP... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.