Call you tell the diff ? Tilt and Shift vs Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
to my untrained eyes, they look the same.

caseytan

Dec 16, 2002
home
they are the same, cos both same pic :p wrong link for #2

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
rueyloon said:
alamak paiseh, but somehow before you pointed it out I tot got diff leh !!!!!!!!! lol

i dun see any difference,both look properly aligned :cool:

OT: i think pp pay good $$ for a T/S lens is for the ability to get the movements right on the hardware itself,rather than be dependent on a software.

u can get proper output on any body/media straight away.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
1 is T&S. 2 is PS, very obvious... right? Or my eyes playing trick again... :sweat:

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
rueyloon said:
hehehe........... then that's $ down the drain..... :p

Usually got 2 main sewage system,mainly the Nikon Drain or Canon longkang :bsmilie:

But u are a happy man,ya ?

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
kex said:
Usually got 2 main sewage system,mainly the Nikon Drain or Canon longkang :bsmilie:

But u are a happy man,ya ?
well........ I'll share about the difference I found soon :)

RossChang

May 2, 2004
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
I'll say 2nd is PS... there is a bit loose of sharpness in the grass area compare to pic 1...

Gesszz... reminds me of those touch screen game when u identify the diff between two photos... :confused:

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
www.danielbeh.com
1st is tilt shift, 2nd is PS.

download the 2 pictures and analyse them in photoshop. in the 2nd picture, you'll observe that there is slight distortion at the left, centre and right.

Dec 31, 2004
Yishun
hmmz ... look at the sides of pic 1 and pic 2 ... both looked cropped :S ...

note that pic 1 has a little extra on the right and pic 2 has a little extra on the left ... i wonder if both are photoshopped and tilted a little ... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kelccm

Mar 2, 2004
A village in a forest
The 1st pic is tilt and shift, while the 2nd pic is PSed, thats my guess. There is a slight distortion on the 2nd pic.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
At such resolution, any difference is negligible and insignificant.

If you blow up the picture or look at 100% crops, there will be stretching of the pixels at the top of the PS'ed image.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
ok

here's the answer

1 is PSed while 2 is shot with a TS lens.

I cheated abit with 2 because I didn't use a tripod, there is still abit of distortion due to the camera being not level, hence you can say I had to correct it about 5% or so. But with 1, it is shot totally upwards, hence it is 100% PSed. I overlay the 2 images and try to make them match through editing. The 2 shots are quite heavily cropped. If you overlay the 2 images on PS and look at them, you'll see the there is a U shaped distortion on the 1st image, it could be due to lens etc or what ever.

My own conclusion is this; it is possible to almost emulate a TS lens, but 1 thing is that while you can correct for the converging verticals, the image will look stumpy. Without a "correct" photo for reference, you don't know how much to elongate the image to compensate for it.

cheers :)

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
Wow! Nice work rueyloon. I've been wanting a t/s lens for a while, but may just rely on PS to do the work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom